Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #1

WTB: '03 to 07 Blue Boxster for Wife

I am looking to buy a special Blue Boxster for my Wife as a prenent for her PHD Graduation. (We are not rich, especially since we have to start paying back the student loan now.)

I am looking for a built in Germany "S" Model. I will consider the Base model too. The color has to be one of the lighter shades of blue. Preferred is Cobalt Blue or Aqua Blue Metallic or something close. Lapis is too dark. What do you have for sale that is close ?

Here is the preferred list. '03-07
"S" Model (Will consider a well equipped Base Model.)
Made in Germany only.
Cobalt Blue or Aqua Blue Metallic
Sand Beige Interior
Manual Transmission
Sport Chrono Package (Preferred)
Non Smoker Car

Please respond here or PM if you are considering selling.

Bill.

Idaho Red Rocket 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #2

I'm sure you have your reason

for the made in Germany requirement but I just wanted to make sure you didn't think there was a quality difference between the ones made in Finland and those from Germany. I've actually heard the opposite as Finland makes more and Germany only enough to make sure they still understand how to build them. Never heard a claim otherwise. Owned 2, didn't ever bother to figure out Stuttgart or Uusikaupunki for either.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #3

Like Mike says!

I can't imagine why one would insist on "made in Germany".
Norminhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #4

Made in Germany ?

Made in Germany or Finland. I guess is just a matter of personal choice.... No problem if you are buying new. buying used i had to settle with the best condition and reasonable mileage i could find.
my measuring stick was the outstanding color (atlas grey metallic) w/ black interior.. the right desirable options in litronic/bose/heated seats/cruise/ etc..
so the right one for me was an "S" made in Finland and i'm glad i did, in the four yrs. of ownership she's just been fantastic !
so good luck !
t2
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #5

We are stlill looking for that special blue/tan car. We have decided to make a trip to the L.A. area the week between Christmas and New Years just to shop for another Boxster. If anybody has what we are looking for let us know. We can travel anywhere in the USA. We don't have to limit our search to L.A.

Bill
Old 12-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #6

We are getting ready to depart for our trip tonight.

We are going to shop in Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Los Angeles.

We have decided we want a 2005 Base or S with manual trans. Sport Chrono is nice to have. Any build place is OK. Still prefer Cobalt Blue with tan interior but she will consider other bright colors now.

Send us a message if you have something to sell.

Bill.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #7

We just got back from our trip. Could not find what we wanted in an '05 but while in Phoenix we found a sweet 2000 S with 48K mikes for just under 14K.
We now have twins in the garage. Both Guards Red with Black top.

Our '98 base will be for sale soon.

If anybody reads this post in the future, we would still like to have an '05 base or S in Cobalt Blue or Aqua Blue Matalic with a Sand Beige interior, Manual Trans and Sport Chrono.