Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #1

2002 Boxster S $12,000 OBO

My 2002 Boxster S is for sale. 113,xxx miles. It is Lapis Blue with a blue replacement top with glass rear window with defroster replaced last summer. Tan interior. It has a CD changer that I unhooked and wired in an Ipod cable from Becker. Heated seats. Litronics. 6 speed manual. It runs like a scalded cat.

The car has heated seats, side impact airbags, cd changer or Ipod connection, white gauges, windscreen, tools and spare tire, rear window defroster, and ice cold AC.

It has a new clutch, bearing and rear main seal with less than 3,000 miles. Other updates include a recent water pump, belt, coolant tank, Oil/air separator and ignition/steering lock replacement. All of the known problems have already been repaired. The car has been my daily driver for the last two years, weather permitting. It has the 17 inch wheels with tired Yokohama's.

My wife did 2 DE's (I have a 993 PCA race car) so it has Pagid's on the front. I will replace them with stock pads if the new owner so desires. Occasionally, they screech but I just never changed them back out.

Body is straight and paint is good given the age/miles. I have a ding on the rear bumper cover. I backed my truck with the trailer ball into the car in the driveway. The motor was leaking oil after a spirited drive and I finally found it was leaking from the spark plug tubes. I have the parts and will fix that before it leaves my possession.

It is not a concourse car. We use it every day. I priced it where I think it should be given the mileage and the fact I have taken care of the usual issues know to S model Boxsters.

John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #2

Location might help those that are interested. and :rofl: @ scalded cat comment.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #3

I am in Southern Ohio. My direct email is jrh at rhlawfirm.net

It runs good. Scalded cat may be a bit much...

John H is offline   Reply With Quote