Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2021, 09:02 PM   #1

Garage
SoCal / Los Angeles area canyon runs and track days?

In these times of COVID it's been hard to get out to do fun things. Luckily, driving beautiful cars and going to the track is still an option!

Leave me a note if you're interested in spirited early morning canyons runs or a SoCal track day. I'm headed to Chuckwalla on March 20th and it would be a lot more fun if I had some 986 brothers and sisters to drive with!

I just did Laguna Seca in January and I was shocked that I was the only 986 there!

Boleador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:51 PM   #2

Garage
Fellow SoCal enthusiast located in DTLA. Interested in both, do you want to offer a suggested meet up time? My account is new to the 986 forum, although I have been following for a while (sorry I'm just getting around to setting up an account fellow 986 peeps, I've been a Lotustalk guy for years).

Have you participated in any POC or PCA events?
I typically track my lotus with POC, Speedventures, etc (Black Exige NA, not a lot of us around).

I have a 1998 Boxster that I picked up a few years ago... supposed to be a donor car for a Spec Boxster build but can't seem to get the keys back from my wife... I've been procrastinating too...

Let us know your thoughts

cheers!
enotria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #3

Garage
Hey, thanks for reaching out. Looks like you can't receive PMs? I assume that's because you're new to the forum? I don't want to bore everyone here with person to person chit chat, so if you have another way of getting a hold of you, I can reach out for a meet up?
Old 02-23-2021, 12:26 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boleador View Post
In these times of COVID it's been hard to get out to do fun things. Luckily, driving beautiful cars and going to the track is still an option!

Leave me a note if you're interested in spirited early morning canyons runs or a SoCal track day. I'm headed to Chuckwalla on March 20th and it would be a lot more fun if I had some 986 brothers and sisters to drive with!

I just did Laguna Seca in January and I was shocked that I was the only 986 there!

I used to live in Redondo Beach, loved it there, where do you live?
Old 02-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #5

Garage
Golden Hills. Been in Redondo for 19 years... Love it!
Old 04-20-2021, 10:58 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Golden Hills. Been in Redondo for 19 years... Love it!
Watch Out for Tiger Woods !
Old 05-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #7
On the slippery slope

Garage
I used to live on Catalina at Sapphire next door to the Catalina Food Mart (don't know if it is still there or not) in Redondo about 30 years ago
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:50 AM   #8

Garage
I was in Hollywood Rivera, loved it but did not like having to share a Garage.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:

I used to drive around Palos Verdes on weekends!