Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
Certified Boxster Addict

Spec Boxsters/PCA Club Race at Rennsport

I assume that everyone in the Porsche universe was aware of Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca last weekend. If not, Google it.

The PCA (Porsche Club of America) had a race group at the event and I wanted to share the video coverage.

My friends and co-Boxster Spec racers Tim Smith (#07 Blue/Yellow) and Doug Boccignone (#58 Blue) represented BSR/SPB in the mixed class race.

Enjoy!

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
Who's askin'?

yeah... so....
I'm not sure who to bill for these 4 hours I'm gonna spend watching this video at my office. But after watching just the first 13 minutes, it can't wait.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #3

It was a fun and intense race. Made a good pass around two cars around the outside of T2 at the start. Stuck with Tim and Doug until a pesky E class car got between us. Then he failed to keep up during full course yellow, so lost more distance with wasteful gap on green restart. We traded places a couple of times, which allowed more E and SP911 cars to start hassling us, along with constant watchfulness for leaders coming by. Lots more passing action the rest of the race against several cars. Always busy, as usual. It was nice when a higher hp car would get a run into T2 but I could gain it back under braking to avoid losing the position. Got an ice pedal last lap into the Corkscrew and just barely controlled to avoid leaving the pavement!

Last edited by trygve; 10-02-2018 at 10:13 AM.
trygve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #4

Thanks Tom - Great to see our Utah crew in action.

Did anyone find Al Tiley's wheel?
MaxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #5

I was there on Friday. Simply the most amazing display of Porsche race hardware ever. Went with my dad and brother. Amazing day. The RSR was STUPID on the track. Wow.

Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote