Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #1

Track season over?

This forum seems to be pretty slow right now
I'm assuming that track season is over in most of the east, midwest, pacific NW, except maybe for the SouthWest where it is just starting for us in AZ:dance:

I just signed a deal with a new racing partner...

2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #2

This is my favorite part of track season, nice and cool, of course I am down in FL

My event tomorrow got canceled but I am doing 3 days at Sebring coming up soon

Racing partner?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
This is my favorite part of track season, nice and cool, of course I am down in FL

Racing partner?
I would love to be able to do mid-week events!
Have fun at Sebring! 3 days wow.
Have you thought about instructing?
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 10-25-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post

Racing partner?
Yeah so this girl is Linsdsay Brewer, she's from CO, but attending SDSU and an aspiring Indy Lights driver... you're probably going to see more of her in the future I'm sure. Wish she was my partner

Last edited by AZ986S; 10-25-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Certified Boxster Addict

The track season is shifting into high gear here in SoCal. The temps will be cooler which means lap times will be lower. Almost all of the track records in Spec Boxster are set from Nov - Feb. I am busy getting my car ready for a lot of racing over the next few months.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:15 AM   #6

There's one race left for spec in this area on November 10-11 and WRL at COTA in early December. Spec's last race is pathetic as there's only 12 boxsters signed up.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Almost all of the track records in Spec Boxster are set from Nov - Feb. I am busy getting my car ready for a lot of racing over the next few months.
I hear you, I have beat a couple of my personal best times earlier this year in the hot weather, I am waiting to see what I can do the next time I get to these tracks in the cool weather
Old 10-26-2017, 04:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ986S View Post
I would love to be able to do mid-week events!
Have fun at Sebring! 3 days wow.
Have you thought about instructing?
It was a night event so after work, but I still would have had to take today off to get there. I'm kind of glad it got postponed because I am closing in on completing some projects at work so I could use the extra work day...

Sebring - this event is actually an instructor school/advanced solo driving event. Friday and Saturday is the instructor school along with solo only session, so instead of the usual four 25 minute PCA sessions, we get five 25-30 minute sessions. Then Sunday it is a regular HPDE, including instructed run groups (and possibly new instructors doing their first instructing?). I'm just going for the solo driving It is awesome!!

Instructing - I would like to someday, there have been several instructors that stand out to me when I was coming up, and I would like to give back. I think I am going to get a checkride to move from intermediate PCA solo to advanced PCA solo (probably not this time at Sebring as that track really favors more powerful cars, but the next time I am at Roebling Road). That is a 2 part checkride, and will give me a chance to spend some time with the CDI and the other chief instructors, and I will get their feedback. Then maybe when the next instructor school comes at Roebling I might try to attend and see how it goes...
Old 10-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #9

not racing, but have a track weekend at NJMP this coming weekend. That will be it for the year though.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #10

My favorite race of the year will be in two weeks at Barber (PBOC). Usually perfect weather and a great group to run with.

2001 986 S (parting)
2015 981 (sold)
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote