Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2017, 05:56 AM   #1
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Autocross Lessons -Old video

The video Steve posted and the comments ( http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/65609-new-video-paradigm-shift-racing-4-elements-perfect-corner.html#post529096 ) reminded me of an old series of videos I came across last year. They are dated, but I think they are still very relevant - good fundamentals. I put them in a playlist to get them all together. Let me know what you think. Is the info good and does it apply to us in AX and HPDE? I plan to start Autocross soon with PCA.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:22 AM   #2

Very cool, I think I saw some of these before.

Does AX info apply to HPDE? Yes, especially when mapping to tighter technical sections like the slower speed corners like the slow corners at Sebring or turn 7 and 10a/10b at road Atlanta.

Control inputs at AX are often more abrupt than what you would experience in am hpde outside of the slower sections. But it I awesome to.push the limits of the car at lower speeds. You should go for it!

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote