Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2022, 04:50 PM   #21

Garage
For what’s it’s worth I have finally got the s axles to easily fit the base hubs. I’m using a different transmission and have never had the stock one so I have no idea on the axle length, I’m not sure if it’s because the S bearings are wider because I had to make a 10mm spacer on my axle. But it turned out to be a simple machining job. I’m hoping the S axles are up to the job. My saving grace is I do not need ABS and I wanted to keep as much material as possible on the hub. But my first Hines I butchered with a 40mm hole saw and they seem to be fine. It may be an easy upgrade as all you need to do is machine the hubs slightly. Put a spacer on the drive shaft, and put a washer under the ABS sensor.

feedback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:23 PM   #22

Cannot find Driver's side Axle.....Anywhere except Porsche @$1000

Looking for aftermarket Left side 2002 2.7 5-speed.

Last edited by Danothemano; 09-25-2023 at 04:53 PM.
Danothemano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 04:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Reviving this old thread, but I have a 2002 base model Boxster with the 2.7 and this is still and issue. The only option is to rebuild or pay big $$ to Porsche for OEM parts. Anybody know of a reman source ?

Actually, the passenger side is cross-referenced apparently to a VW. So, VW-8180 apparently is fully compatible with it and new aftermarket is $100. I have one on the way, but specs show it to be identical length.

The Autozone is Tiptronic only. It is poorly listed but a little run down shows it is only for Auto.

As far as the left side goes, NOTHING out there except OEM for $1000, used or rebuilt. If anyone has any source for the left, advise. So many 986's out there it's hard to believe.
Danothemano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:09 PM   #24
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danothemano View Post
Actually, the passenger side is cross-referenced apparently to a VW. So, VW-8180 apparently is fully compatible with it and new aftermarket is $100. I have one on the way, but specs show it to be identical length. The Autozone is Tiptronic only. It is poorly listed but a little run down shows it is only for Auto. As far as the left side goes, NOTHING out there except OEM for $1000, used or rebuilt. If anyone has any source for the left, advise. So many 986's out there it's hard to believe.
Cảm Æ¡n vì bÃ****i viết ....
batdongsantrieudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:25 PM   #25

Anybody know of a reman source ?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
skysmotor.co.uk sells the following products online: nema 23 closed loop stepper motor, high torque pancake stepper motor, servo motors, planetary gearbox and can be purchased online if required.

Last edited by Timo2023; 02-04-2024 at 10:31 PM.
Timo2023 is offline   Reply With Quote