Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #1

numeric racing cables problem

I purchased 986 shifter cables to match with a 997.2 rs shifter base with a 7in shifter riser in my 2004 boxster S.

the gears are always coming out. i put the car in gear, depress slowly and it comes out of gear by itself.

i had to reroute 1 cable Under my intake manifold cause it was too short, and the other one is still on top.

do you know what could be my problem?

thanks for the help

Paseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #2

For starters, have you contacted Numeric with your issue? A short cable (under the manifold) is not right.

The cables are not adjusted for the correct "In Gear" neutral spot. That is why it's spiting out of gear under load. Unhook everything on the trany side and shift the transmission manually. See how far each cable is off of "In Gear"and adjust the ends accordingly. You may have to adjust the shifter side as well.
MaxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paseb View Post
I purchased 986 shifter cables to match with a 997.2 rs shifter base with a 7in shifter riser in my 2004 boxster S.
The cables are too stretched with the 7" rise.

Move back the assembly a couple of inches.
You need to give the cables more flex.
Like this:

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #4

Did you get this fixed? I've been working with Dan at Numeric for a couple of months now trying to get all the different cables worked out.

B

We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote