Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #21

It is funny that you colorado folk also call the new houses mcmansions. There doing that all over here also.. They are going for about 1.5-3mil. I live across the street from a sod farm which they are selling to build 5hundred and somthing units. So I know the feeling. Thanks for everybodys input. On a lighter not I'm putting on my new rotors and painting my calipers tomorrow if it is warm enough to want to go outside
J

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #22

I have lived in many places, not CO, but still many places, and Long Island and NYC are by far the best places to live

Only other place I'd consider is SoCal.

You need to stay!!!!! We need more Porsche owners. There aren't enough /sarcasm
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #23

lol.. take a ride by me and count the porsches and gallardos..
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
lol.. take a ride by me and count the porsches and gallardos..

Yeah. I was being sarcastic

Beautiful day today. Go and drive.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #25

Hey all,
I'm a 99 boxster owner and i love my car! I'm actually moving to CO next month...don't worry I'll get the right tires and all that...

Can anyone recommend a good Porsche mechanic in CO? I hope i don't ever get to need one while I'm there but you never know...

I'm moving to Beaver Creek...but if i have to travel to get to a good mechanic...i will...

thanks in advance!
ktan902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #26

Sounds like you are coming for the ski season. One of the ski areas (Arapahoe Basin) opened last weekend, albeit with pseudo-snow. Good luck wheeling a Box around the Vail area in the winter regardless of what kind of tires you have. Your issue will be ground clearance in the foot deep snowfalls they get about every other night from Dec to March. But maybe you know all that, and I promise I won't worry.

In any event there two Porsche dealers in Denver (Prestige and Stevinson), one in Boulder (Gebhard), plus one in Colo. Springs and one in Ft. Collins. Next closest is in Salt Lake City.
There are several independant Porsche shops in Denver, Storz Garage (the one I take my Box to), Eurosport Automotive, Eurosport Ltd., Eisenbud's. I know Storz and the two Eurosports work on late model Porsches, not sure about Eisenbud.
There is another indie shop, AJRS, in Grand Junction, west from Vail, over on the Utah border. Probably farther than driving to Denver, but you don't have to go over any passes.

Have fun.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #27
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I moved to the Rocky area after 15 years in SoCal. Trust me unless your an avid skiier or have business there the culture shock will make it unbearable. Unless your really like the rural setup.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #28

I have been in Colorado Springs the last three months off and on for business, nice people, all very very friendly. Let's see, good strip clubs, limited variety in cuisine, cheap cheap housing, lots of outdoorsy stuff to do, crazy weather, rains for ten minutes, snows for half hour, then it's sunny with a warm breeze, all in the same hour.
Been there for 3 months, I've never seen another boxster. You'll be like a rockstar I bet. Hehe...
conradtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #29
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I have seen very few Boxsters in my area also. Today I had kid almost get his head chopped off by a passing car while he stuck his out the window to stare at me. To be a bit more considerate than my previous post, the rockies versus city is personal preference, and depends on your priorities.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #30

Wo.. people still posting on this post. Thanks for the input. I do not live in the city now, I live across the street from a sod farm and near the water. I am still looking around as to where to buy another home.
Thanks again
Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdancd816
You guys are riot!! Also...Rockies suck, Avalanche won't make the playoffs, Nuggets are 10 1/2 out, Broncos missed playoffs. Must be better places to live!
LOL! Ever thought you'd live to regret "Rockies suck?"

This is the best Rocktober EVER!

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #32

Rocktober is absolutely amazing! What an amazing streak!!! 20 out of last 21?! Bring on the Indians. (or Redsox) What a blast in Denver!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #33

Hey thanks for all the replies everyone!

Yeah I'm gonna be working for Beaver Creek this winter....it's all about a change of lifestyle for me....I'm leaving my 9-5 office job in NYC and am gonna snowboard like a madman this winter!

Yeah i hear ya about the ground clearance...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm not looking to drive the Box much anyway cos I'll have free transport to and from work provided by the mountain...I will drive her around on nice days though!

Any skiers or snowboarders out here....give me a shout if you're coming out to the Creek!

cheers,
kane

ktan902 is offline   Reply With Quote