Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #1

GT Motorsport Speedster Humps

Anyone except me having problems getting their speedster humps delivered? I just got off the phone with Rob who runs the show there and he assures me that he is shipping 8 sets out TODAY. It seems he was having fitment problems and is making sure that each one fits on his Boxster before it leaves the shop. I guess I should be getting mine by next Thursday, he assures me... Time will tell.

2000 non-S Guards RED
Mostly stock-so far...
rear speakers
3 spoke
K+N
Red bumperettes
Speedster humps
Planning:
some stinkin' cup holders
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #2

They're slow as molasses. I'm waiting for my THIRD set now, and Rob called me over 3 weeks ago to talk me out of a refund... evidently, he had a new mold made that allows the humps to be installed so the windows will roll up when they are on the car... the first batch he made didnt. The first batch also looked like crap.

Be sure to get them to a painter and find out if he's really given you "paint ready" humps. The first two sets I received had ripples in them and needed a lot of filler and work.

The side skirts were great though...smooth and an excellent fit. He advertises them a gel-coated but they are not according to my body shop.

Do what I did... Call him and leave a message (he's never available) and tell him you're going to call the CC company and dispute the charge due toi lack of delivery. That will put a fire under his butt to make you happy.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote