Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #1

No door chime?

Funny the things you notice after two years of ownership. My door wasn't closed all the way on the way to work, and amazingly enough, no alarms went off, the gas pedal still worked, and get this--I DIDN'T DIE!!!

So Porsche feels the need to turn my world red when I drive up my driveway without my seatbelt fastened, but if I want to drive around with my leg hanging out the door that's okay, eh?

Or is my door switch stuck? Hmm...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
Funny the things you notice after two years of ownership. My door wasn't closed all the way on the way to work, and amazingly enough, no alarms went off, the gas pedal still worked, and get this--I DIDN'T DIE!!!

So Porsche feels the need to turn my world red when I drive up my driveway without my seatbelt fastened, but if I want to drive around with my leg hanging out the door that's okay, eh?

Or is my door switch stuck? Hmm...
It was probably closed, just not all the way. Enough to fool the sensors to thinking it was closed completely.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #3

Clarification--I actually realized the door wasn't fully closed while I was driving, so I opened the door and closed it. Then I was like, "eh, what? No door chime?" I then opened the door at 50 MPH and held it open for a little bit, waiting for the chime.

THE CHIME NEVER CAME!!! IT NEVER CAME!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
Clarification--I actually realized the door wasn't fully closed while I was driving, so I opened the door and closed it. Then I was like, "eh, what? No door chime?" I then opened the door at 50 MPH and held it open for a little bit, waiting for the chime.

THE CHIME NEVER CAME!!! IT NEVER CAME!!!

You crazy stund drivers are all the same! Just kidding. LOL! I don't know what to tell you then. Never heard of that happening. Could be the sensor. I'm sure the dealership may have an answer. But I wouldn't pay them for an explanation. Just don't do it again.

porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote