Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Factory bumper $950-1050
Factory skirting $700-800
Painting both $ 900-1000 (NJ/NY rates)
Shipping both $200

total aprox $3,000

looks like you saved yourself the cost of painting them.
Good deal even if it took a while.
If you read the Rennlist 996 Forum you'll see DPS has had some
issues with their shipping.
Those prices do look good, except for the side skirts. Those things are so simple looking and yet they are WAY over priced. They should not cost over $200 before shipping.

porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #42

well I'm referring to factory polyurethane side skirting. I see them on Ebay for $600-$800. Painting cost me $700 from a mid level shop.
I paid $400 for aftermarket fiberglass skirting from precisionporsche.com which is a really small operation but it was def the best price I found for that style of skirting. Don't think I would have paid much more fiberglass though. $400 hundo was def my max. However, there is a big difference in low grade fiberglass and more expensive better made and better fitting fiberglass. The import tuner guys can tell you all about that. Going aftermarket fiberglass can be a real crap shoot sometimes, unlike factory polyurethane which is made from a mould, lazer cut so that every piece is identical and fits every car the same.
You get what you pay for...
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #43

I got my skirts and GT3 bumper today!!!! I haven't looked at everything super-close yet, but the paint looks good. Soon it will be installation time!
porschegeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschegeorg
I got my skirts and GT3 bumper today!!!! I haven't looked at everything super-close yet, but the paint looks good. Soon it will be installation time!
Make sure you post us some pictures when your done.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #45

It gets worse!! I ask for a refund, and Dayton asks for the part to be returned-which was returned to him over two weeks ago which I have proof of by UPS. I hope you guys have better luck. This is the email I sent to him after no one answered their phone.

"Please acknowledge that I owe you no merchandise and have returned the original part to you. I can provide the UPS tracking no, which shows that it was returned to you. A replacement part was never sent to me as promised by you. Read the rest of the email attachments.

I will ask my bank to reverse the charge if I don't get a response today. Called your toll-free no, but no answer today. You may want to work on your customer service. You have a host of negative feedback on several porsche forums from others who have ordered parts from you."

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote