Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #1

Help on options

I am looking for any input as to what options my 2001 boxster may have since the dealership has no input.
It is orient red with 17" rims and colored centered caps.
It has the aluminum parking brake lever, shifter handle and sill plates.
It also has the xenon lights and of interest, no part of the front headlight assembly...headlight, foglight , turn signal or corner triangle shaped section in amber....all white lenses.
Also of interest, it has the white face guages; something I have not seen much of. Also has gray leather interior.
It has on board computer with top of the line stereo, hidden cassette unit and trunk mounted 6 disc cd changer. It also has the stereo enhanced hall, echo unit at the bottom of the center section of the dash with 3 buttons labeled M1, M2 and M3. It works with the advanced stereo system although with the myriad of buttons, I have basically just left it alone.
It also has the storage unit behind the seats with the built in speakers that are behind each seat. Also has wind deflector unit as well.
This is Not a Boxster S and I bought it from a very old man with only 12000 miles on it and he assures me he did nothing with it but ordered it with all this stuff.
Are these all part of packages or options???? I am particularly interested in the clear colred xenon headlight assembly and white faced guages.
I know one of you experts will be able to fill me in
Thanks
Jeff

Nunzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunzzio
I am looking for any input as to what options my 2001 boxster may have since the dealership has no input.
It is orient red with 17" rims and colored centered caps.
It has the aluminum parking brake lever, shifter handle and sill plates.
It also has the xenon lights and of interest, no part of the front headlight assembly...headlight, foglight , turn signal or corner triangle shaped section in amber....all white lenses.
Also of interest, it has the white face guages; something I have not seen much of. Also has gray leather interior.
It has on board computer with top of the line stereo, hidden cassette unit and trunk mounted 6 disc cd changer. It also has the stereo enhanced hall, echo unit at the bottom of the center section of the dash with 3 buttons labeled M1, M2 and M3. It works with the advanced stereo system although with the myriad of buttons, I have basically just left it alone.
It also has the storage unit behind the seats with the built in speakers that are behind each seat. Also has wind deflector unit as well.
This is Not a Boxster S and I bought it from a very old man with only 12000 miles on it and he assures me he did nothing with it but ordered it with all this stuff.
Are these all part of packages or options???? I am particularly interested in the clear colred xenon headlight assembly and white faced guages.
I know one of you experts will be able to fill me in
Thanks
Jeff
All the option codes are shown on the sticker under the front decklid.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #3

Is there any way to decipher these codes? I have a cheat sheet but it still wasn't adding up. Is there anyway I can find out what premium package included or sport package? Again the white face guages, clear headlight lenses and aluminum interior parts must be linked somehow even though the I have never really seen much of the first two....help
Old 02-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #4

Although it regards the '01 S, this may be of some value.

http://industryfigure.com/berkeley/Porsche/Options/SOptions01General_16Aug00.htm
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #5

Thanks Ronzi, it did help me out! anything out there for just the 2001 bOXSTER or are the codes the same?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:33 AM   #6

Ronzi,
Thanks for the link. I just decoded my car... somewhat surprised!

I have
030 Sport Chassis (front & rear)
239 unk
288 Headlight Washers
413 Pressure-cast Light Alloy Wheel 18" 'Turbo Look' Wheels
424 CD Shelf Center Console
446 Color Porsche Center Caps
454 AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL
476 Porsche Stability Management
490 MJ 01 SOUND SYSTEM, MJ 02- SOUND SYSTEM HARMANN ANALOG
502 unk
551 WIND DEFLECTOR
584 unk
601 Litronic Headlights
696 CD-RADIO "PORSCHE CDR 220"
981 LEATHER EQUIPMENT WITHOUT SEAT COVERS
983 SEAT COVERS FRONT, LEATHER

If anyone knows what the 239, 502, and 584 are let me know!

Add up the options and MSRP I am guessing my car listed out for about $59360.00
Sounds like a hefty price tag for a car in 2001. I paid just over half that in 2005.
Sounds like a good deal to me!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #7

What is UNK for code 584? I am also looking for the 502 code option.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #8

The same site I mentioned before has the option codes for the '01 std model, which I did not see the first go-'round.

http://industryfigure.com/berkeley/Porsche/Options/Options02General_10Aug01.htm

The list says for 2002 model, but then the list is headed 2001 model. I don't believe it has either the 502 or 584 options, however.

You can also go to the Porsche website (or PCA web site, if you are a member) and request, for a fee of about $90 as I recall, a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity for your car by VIN. It will list all of the options built on the car in plain English, but WITHOUT the option codes.

Googling "2001 Boxster option codes" with return something like 10,000 entries, so you can sort through those, too, if you wish.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote