Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #1

There's a 2000 986 available in my town for $14,900

I was driving around today and found a 2000 986 available for an asking price of $14,900 sitting on a local lot. I stopped and asked what was wrong with it and they said bad wheel bearings, and a CEL (they said possiby a relay defective, connector or wiring, or a air pump defective, it also had a torn rear plastic window) Other than that, it looked nice. Car had 97,000 miles so it obviously has been driven. I told them I would post if for them and see if anyone had interest. They will be emailing me some more digital pics in the next few days and I'll get them posted. I'm located in Waxahachie, TX (26 miles South of Dallas). If anyone wants to run a carfax, the VIN is WP0CA2982YU620240 . I have no interest in it. I only stopped to see if they might have some optional wheels or hard top to sell, or some other knick nack I could get cheap but the car was pretty much stock. Let me know if you have some questions and I'll get them relayed. I enjoyed talking with them and I asked them what their absolutely best bottom line offer they would accept and they said $14,200. I'm not too mechanically inclined so I won't be a good bet to do a PPI for you, so of course I would recommend if you decide you like it to get a PPI done or come see for yourself.

I know I wish I had had someone to help me when I was looking at Boxsters and everyone has been great over the couple of years I have had mine answering my rookie questions here and on other forums so if anyone needs me to help them take a picture or something of this car let me know.

Mike navarro@flash.net

thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

Talking

Be very very afraid.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #3

Hi Brucelee,

I know what you mean. I put the VIN so someone could run the carfax and see if it has any "history". I already have a 2001 986 and a 1972 911 or else the price would tempt me to get a PPI and take the proverbial "roll of the dice" if it turned out ok, and have a good project to make a mean track car out of.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Be very very afraid.
^What he said. Sounds like the new potential owner is in for a ride!

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote