Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #21

If you look at the techart kit for the 987, they actually use 35mm spacers in the rear. I wonder if that is really bad for the car. I actually like the look.

http://www.cecwheels.com/tuners/products.sd?iid=113&type=vehicle&modelId=&categoryId=61&tuner_brand_id=7

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #22

I'm sorry I can't address the 5mm spacers, but I put 7's on the front and 15's on the rear. As was pointed out above about the 5's, there really isn't that much to them (7 mm is pretty small), but they DO seem to help fill out the wheel well and the 15s on the back make a definite difference. THey're H&R's purchased from Paragon Products....total including longer bolts $282. BUT.... Paragon and I had quite a long (like two month) misunderstanding about what I was ordering (long story and it was completely and totally settled with both sides happy), and I got a pretty good discount, including free shipping.... so I doubt you'd be able to get them for the same price.

As far as any handling improvement, I'll let you know after the next DE in June... OMG is it really that long till the next DE!

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:41 AM   #23
1JB

I hope everyone realizes that we have all lost our minds in a wonderful kind of way. We're actually enthusiastically discussing the pros and cons of 5mm spacers. Maybe we're actually living on the funny farm but oh what a funny farm it must be. "They're coming to take me away, hehe, haha ,,"
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:38 AM   #24
bmussatti

I think a 4.25mm spacer would be ideal! And color matched to the specific car. Or red to match the calipers on the "S".
Old 02-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #25

Dude, you nailed it.

What I was thinking was: The only people we can impress with all the many modifications we do to our cars (I am not only talking about spacers, I mean front wings, side skirts, rims, etc) are a few Porsche affiniados (I am sure I spelled that wrong). 99.99% of all people on the road won't notice a thing, BECAUSE they are already totally impressed with the Porsche itself, no further bells & whistles needed.
I am driving a (well pampered) 2002 Box and people still ask me if the car is new, meaning they don't know the difference between a 2002 and 2007...

What the heck, my next project is waiting (maybe the Gemballa rear wing )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JB
I hope everyone realizes that we have all lost our minds in a wonderful kind of way. We're actually enthusiastically discussing the pros and cons of 5mm spacers. Maybe we're actually living on the funny farm but oh what a funny farm it must be. "They're coming to take me away, hehe, haha ,,"

2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car

Last edited by ChrisZang; 02-09-2007 at 06:51 AM.
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote