Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Remote Open Rear Lid.

All -

I had the Aerokit I installed where the rear deck lid was replaced and spoiler lip removed along with spoiler motor being unpluged and fuse removed.

Since I had this done I have noticed that the rear trunk remote on my key FOB will no longer "Pop the trunk Open"

I have verified that the conection is still plugged, but did not know if maybe the fuse for the spoiler also handles the trunk lid too??

I am able to use my FOB to arm/disarm and do get a reply on the alarm indicator light when I press the rear trunk remote and if car is locked it will also unlock, so at least the FOB is working correctly.

Thanks

-T

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
boggtown

Id pop the fuse back in and see.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:44 AM   #3

Could it be that the spoiler is too heavy for the actuator to now "pop" I would check to see if the actuator still functions with the lid up. Otherwise, that might be the price you pay for the spoiler add on.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
ehD

hey travis, just wondering if you figured the solution to this problem my trunk lid remote button isn't working either =x
ehD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to dmenn
I have the Aerokit I as well and my trunk pop did not work on the remote either. I got the indication on the dash when I was pressing the button, but nothing happened. I tried to do a bunch of troubleshooting, but no luck. So I brought it to the dealer and they re-flashed the computer and everything works now.

See this thread for some troubleshooting information:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12639

- Dave

dmenn is offline   Reply With Quote