Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #1

Color preference for your next Boxster?

For those who owned more than 2 Boxsters (or planning to), did(or will) you buy the same color? If not, what's the color you ended with? My favorite color on 986 and 987 is totally different, and just curious about others.

Last edited by jinijazz; 01-28-2007 at 03:23 PM.
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #2

My favorite color for the 986 is Seal Grey, I think the Cobalt Blue looks the best on the 987.
SRQ Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #3

I own a Seal Grey 986 and its my favorite color by default. But, the next Porsche I get hopefully will either be Speed Yellow or a glossy style black. I really like the pictures of Speed Yellow ones I see on the forums. Really, the only color I've seen that I'm not too fond of is Guards Red, don't know why, just not my preference.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #4

When I was looking for my first Boxster I was looking for White with tan interior. Ended up with Guards Red with black interior. Not sorry about the choice. I've always been a sucker for red. I still wish I had the tan interior though. There are only a few colors I would not buy...

2000 non-S Guards RED
Mostly stock-so far...
rear speakers
3 spoke
K+N
Red bumperettes
Speedster humps
Planning:
some stinkin' cup holders
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #5

My first Boxster was silver with a red interior. When I went shopping last October I wanted a green with tan interior, but it had serious issues. On equal footing was a yellow '99, but it such low miles I was concerned about a possible bad engine. I settled on an ocean blue exterior with metropol blue interior. It helped that it was an S.

Sold September 4th, 2007.
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #6

I love the Basalt Black...however, I would not have gone with a tan interior. It is too hard to keep clean..I would go with the grey or cocoa brown.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltown
When I was looking for my first Boxster I was looking for White with tan interior. Ended up with Guards Red with black interior. Not sorry about the choice. I've always been a sucker for red. I still wish I had the tan interior though. There are only a few colors I would not buy...
I'd say you made the right move with the black interior though. Savannah beige is not my cup of tea. It's just to yellowish looking or something.

Last edited by Adam; 01-30-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #8

I searched for 4 mo looking for a Lapis blue Boxster and as you can see, I found one. While I am not in the market for a 987, I saw an interesting colored Caymen at the Midlands International Auto Show this weekend. I'm kicking myself because I forgot to look at the name of the color (had looked at too many cars by then) but the best way I can describe it is cranberry metallic. Doesn't sound that appealing but boy was it nice. I'll definitely keep that color in mind when I'm shopping next time.

And I agree with the previous comment about the beige colored interior. Something is just a little off with the color.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #9

"I love the Basalt Black...however, I would not have gone with a tan interior. It is too hard to keep clean..I would go with the grey or cocoa brown."

I always thought a black exterior was a hard color to keep clean, I never considered the tan interior as a problem...

2000 non-S Guards RED
Mostly stock-so far...
rear speakers
3 spoke
K+N
Red bumperettes
Speedster humps
Planning:
some stinkin' cup holders
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
I searched for 4 mo looking for a Lapis blue Boxster and as you can see, I found one. While I am not in the market for a 987, I saw an interesting colored Caymen at the Midlands International Auto Show this weekend. I'm kicking myself because I forgot to look at the name of the color (had looked at too many cars by then) but the best way I can describe it is cranberry metallic. Doesn't sound that appealing but boy was it nice. I'll definitely keep that color in mind when I'm shopping next time.

And I agree with the previous comment about the beige colored interior. Something is just a little off with the color.
Sounds like Carmona Red.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #11

Hi,

I have Guards Red and Savannah Beige (Tan) interior. I love the Tan interior and haven't had any issues with it showing dirt, or keeping it clean. I always liked Tan leather interiors and have one in my Esprit also (called Magnolia).

Traditionally, only the best hides were reserved for being dyed Tan and other light colors because these colors would show all the flaws and scars in the hide. It bespeaks greater luxury and wealth than Black or Brown Leather which is so dark that any hides can be used.

Of course today, Auto-grade leather is so full of fillers and such that it doesn't matter. But, I still think Tan and lighter colored leathers look richer than the darker ones. I imagine they're more reflective and so marginally cooler as well...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #12

Currently Boxster seal grey with light grey interior and roof

928 Gaurds red, Black interior

911 Sc Black on Black

Past Cars
2006 MB C180k
2005 Peugeot 306
1980 928
2004 Subaru Liberty GT
2000 Nissan Pulsar SSS
smagerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #13

first chice is pictured below....cararra white with black top...I too think the tan is off for some reason....not too big a fan of the tan interior although I do like tan interiors....just no way in a chicago winter ever again, destroyed a tan interior blazer and light greyish interior vette....

so next boxster would be a speed yellow S.....but let me state when I have debated trading in for it, I already miss the white one....so I would have to keep them both....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Currently I have that very rare and sought after color combo (Arctic Silver / Black)

My next Boxster would be:

Exterior: Atlas Grey Metallic

Interior: Graphite Grey

-T
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #15

I always wanted black over tan, but almost settled for dark blue (Lapis I think) over grey for a nice used local car. Next Box would have the sand beige interior, which is lighter and less orange than savanna.

Have had no problem maintaining the savanna. And was surprised at the basalt not showing dirt as much as I expected. Of course I do not drive it much in bad weather.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #16

i think my next porsche will be white, with red interior or black.

i do however love my current colour...lapis blue on beige.

some like the beige some dont, very easy to clean. just make sure to
get black mats.

i like the s. beige because it changes colours, like the lapis blue. some people have called it a peanut butter colour/orangy/mustard/beige....love how it looks different depending on the night. so pretty much it is the best colour for an interior. n we are talking about savanah beige not tan.
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
I always wanted to have something rare in a sense .I guess this is it. When I was searching and saw this color I just had to have it.it jooks even cooler in person.
But I think that @ the end of the day as long as we r happy that's all that matters
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #18

I saw that Carmona Red on a local 987 this w/e and agree it looked quite nice first-hand.

Still a big fan of my white, is nice with my black/grey two-tone interior, and it looks clean for longer than other color, save grey.

However, I wish Porsche made the black/tan two-tone interior from the 997 available on the 987.

White with black/tan would be my ideal.

Apparently you can specify one color for the upper leather dash-piece on a 987 and a different color for all the rest, without using the two-tone option.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Roadster
some like the beige some dont, very easy to clean. just make sure to get black mats.
Agree with black mats. My salesman said many savanna owners got black mats when I asked for them.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
colormatched mats are the shizznet

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote