Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 08:53 AM   #1

Birdie, Birdie, In the Sky

See what happens when a Boxster and a bird cross paths on the autobahn at 155mph ... presumably the speed of the car, not the bird.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/porsche-at-155-mph-a-bird-=-this-ar26118/picture142077-3.html

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #2

I had one swoop down from a tree and clip my windshield on a country back road last fall.

Top down, doing about 50. It shot up in a spiral and I didn't see where it landed after that.

I felt so bad for the poor thing.
fishage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #3

Hi,

Those pics were circulating a couple years ago. It's a Pheasant from the looks of it.

I had a bird hit my car once many years ago. I was driving a '68 Lincoln Continental, cruising about 80MPH on an Interstate in Northern MN on a beautiful sunny, summer day. Radio blaring, windows down.

All of a sudden, I'm wet - I mean really drenched. All over my face, I look down and my T-shirt is all red. I pull over expecting that some kids were throwing tomatoes or something.

When I get out, I see that a bird had flown into the Driver side mirror and literally exploded. That happens when a 10 oz. Bird hits 3.5 tons (7200 lb. Curb Weight) of Detroit Iron! Feathers, Blood everywhere and got sucked right into the interior and me...Yucky!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #4

Three years ago, I was driving my Z28 with the t-tops off. Up ahead and to the right I saw a giant buzzard (yes, bald head and all) slowly proceeding to take off the ground. Something told me that he didn't have the power to clear my car. Sure enough, he flew right into my path. He hit the w/s on the passenger side and let out a weird "yelp". He bounced up, recovered, and kept flying as if nothing had happened. There was no damage to my car...I was only going about 30-35. But it sure scared the $hit out of my brother!

ahhh....good times! ; )

silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote