Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Strange Rattle Dscovered

I have had a strange rattle noise since I bought the car, you would hear it at start and stop and over speed-bumps. Had taken to the dealer after I bought it and they could not find it?? And they did check all around and test drove a few times.

It was not a very loud rattle but once I knew it was there it bugged the heck out of me.

So I find a new independent mechanic closer to where I live that turns out to be a savior!

I take my Box in for a 30k and he quotes me $250.00 plus parts and gives me the price of parts and the option to order my own and bring to him.

I had mentioned also the rattle and he said he would look for it.

The next day he calls to let me know it is all ready and he found the rattle! I go to pick it up and he told me he was stumped for awhile after looking for the rattle and went to pull the carpet up out of the trunk to check on the condition of the coolant reservoir and found in the drivers side wheel-well a golf ball and a tennis ball

No more rattle, but just wonder how it could have got there?? not much space when the carpet is in.

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote