Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2004, 06:36 PM   #1

Unhappy Dead Battery - Open Hood

Hi, new to the board. Winter is finally over (I think) here in Michigan and I went to check on the car and the battery is completely dead. How can I get to battery terminals to jump start when the front and rear hood is electrically opened? Anyone know the trick?
Thanks in advance.

BobX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:31 PM   #2

I have an 8 in 1 car utility thing that lets you charge the battery through the cigarette lighter. Something like this might do the trick for you.

However, I would imagine there is a way to open the trunks with no power. I just don’t know how.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:36 PM   #3

Yeah there is a way. There is a place by the spoiler switch down in the driver foowell. You have to hook up the charger there I think.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #4
Forum Member

It is easy and the engineers at Porsche had this covered. Open the small cover of the fusebox left of where your left foot goes. Look for the red terminal handle and pull it straight out to expose the terminal. With a booster cable, connect positive to this terminal, and the negative to the door latch hook on the door jamb. You will hear the circuit go live and click open the bonnet. You are in business, now! Next winter, buy the Porsche battery tender that plugs into the cigar lighter.
GDavis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:56 AM   #5

If you do not want to play with voltage, then you can open the hood by pulling on a cable which is [should] be located in your front tow hook cover, I have however seen this in different spots.

Try the simple first, tow hook cover. Apply finger nail and open.

mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote