Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
debadged

i finally completely debadged.
i am thinking about putting a roadster logo where boxster was, but the problem is that now that there is no boxste there you can still see where it was, its darkey color than the rest of the trunk from the sun, so when i put the new logo it will look weird. i think ill leave it like this for some time.
enjoy the pic, the light was just perfect for the pic, but the background wasnt all that, so i fixed that too heheh

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #2

dj...that looks really clean! i was thinking of doing the same thing for awhile now, i even order the 986 badge to go with it but still not sure if i have to put one one.

i think, badgeless is way to go

do you mind sharing the process of removing it? if it's oaky with you
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:32 AM   #3

I accidentally debadged mine when my wash mitt caught the edge of the "B" and ripped it in half.

I used the tried-and-true method of removal for the remaining badge pieces: dental floss. You'll be left with a little double sided tape stuck to the decklid which is easily removed by hand and maybe a little goof-off.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:43 AM   #4

just my humble opinion, All Porsches should have a front and rear badge.

it's the first thing someone following you notices about the car. Other cars look cool debadged like Mercs, BMWs and VW. But those aren't really sports cars, their chick magnets Its the same reason why 98% of aftermarket wheels don't look right on a Pcar. Porsches are their own category.

The other day I could hear These guys at the gas station having a big debate about whether my car was a boxster since they didn't know that 986S represents BoxsterS

And a Porsche without a front badge is almost as bad as Ferrari without the prancing on horse on the hood.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:53 AM   #5

perfectlap...you are absolutely right on the front badge. there's no way in the world that i would remove the gold and red crest. the rear trunk badgeless is okay for me, imho
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
bmussatti

I do not have any badge on my rear trunk. I ordered it this way from the factory. I like it this way a lot. Very clean lines & look. And adds a bit of mystery as to "what the car really is".
Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #7

I was missing parts of the "B" on teh boxster when I got the car, so I took it off. I now have "986" on the back looks nice to me...

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #8

I actually like the boxster on the back, however I don't think I like the motorworks badge on the bumpber.....

dj, what did you use? goof off? is that safe on our paint??
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #9
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
I actually like the boxster on the back, however I don't think I like the motorworks badge on the bumpber.....

dj, what did you use? goof off? is that safe on our paint??
Hey Super66, yes, get that MW sticker off your car! It should come right off. May need to warm it up with a blow dryer (the only time a man should really use a hair dryer IMHO!). Any residue will clean-up with a little wax.

Word-to-the-wise...anyone ordering or taking delivery of a new car from the dealership should specifically state; "NO STICKERS on my freaking car"!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Hey Super66, yes, get that MW sticker off your car! It should come right off. May need to warm it up with a blow dryer (the only time a man should really use a hair dryer IMHO!). Any residue will clean-up with a little wax.

Word-to-the-wise...anyone ordering or taking delivery of a new car from the dealership should specifically state; "NO STICKERS on my freaking car"!
ha....right on B, I knew you would pull through with the answer....if I ever get this thing back from the dealer it will be first project, they are waiting for a window motor, the window isn't dropping quick enough when you open the door....

I got so excited getting this car, I couldn't believe it, I didn't even notice the stinkin thing on there......the only thing I detest more is the license plate holders with their advertising.....I switched those right away!
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #11
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
ha....right on B, I knew you would pull through with the answer....if I ever get this thing back from the dealer it will be first project, they are waiting for a window motor, the window isn't dropping quick enough when you open the door....

I got so excited getting this car, I couldn't believe it, I didn't even notice the stinkin thing on there......the only thing I detest more is the license plate holders with their advertising.....I switched those right away!

Hey Super, us Carrara White Boxster owners must stick together!!

Is your car at MW's now? Call Brian (847-381-8900), and tell him to get that freaking sticker off before you come pick the car up!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #12

well when i got the car it had the stock black badge, and a part of B was missing, so i took it off and put a silver one on. now i took that off as well.

i took the badge off with a hairdryer and fishing line method, and then after that i put some googone and bug and tar remover on, and everything whiped right off. then i followed with some rubbing compund and now its clean, but you can still see where it originally was.

theres even a worse thing than a sticker on the back of the car, my friend bought a STI and next to the STI logo was a dealership badge, 4 holes drilled trough the lid to secure this ugly thing. he complained and they had to install a new trunk lid and waste his/their time doing this. so it can be worse.

and Super66, if ure thinking of removing it and not sure how to do it, we can get together and i can help you out.

Last edited by djomlas; 12-18-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
djomlas,

Nice car and picture.

Just curious if you considered removing your wind blocker prior to installing your hard top? I don't use mine unless I'm on an extended highway trip with the top down (windows up) and the temperature is on the cooler side. My wind blocker gets minimal use.

I definitely don't want to look through it with the top up. If I had a hardtop, I would be sure to remove the wind blocker before installing the top. Just wondering if you and others leave the wind blocker installed all the time?

Thanks,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #14

^ is that the full amberectomy of your Litronics?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #15

its clear, so its not distracting at all

Old 12-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
^ is that the full amberectomy of your Litronics?
Yes. As soon as I removed them from the big box I performed the procedure. I was nervous, but thought it was worth the risk. Initially I thought I could do it patiently with small tools, but quickly went out and bought a soldering iron which helped greatly. Completed the look with the silver covered bulbs.

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
the light was just perfect for the pic, but the background wasnt all that, so i fixed that too heheh
What's the name of that effect you used on the background?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #18

i think it was "cutout"