Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2024, 04:56 PM   #1

Metric Hex Head Bolts and Nut and socket/wrench sizes

OK. Metric size bolts and nuts and the sockets and wrenches I thought I had figured out a while ago but I am preparing to replace a control arm on the 986 and reviewing the Porsche Parts catalog.

So for a M14x1.5 Hexagon Head Bolt what should the a socket and wrench size be?

I thought a 21mm socket size work for all head bolts that are M14 but it seams that some M14 bolts listed in the catalog use 21mm socket, others use 18mm, others use 19mm.

For the sway bar links a M12x1.5 nut is used but a 18mm socket is too big. A 15mm socket fits.

Appreciate any help tranisioning from the parts catalog to the vehicle with the right sockets/wrenches. Or is it "you know when you get to work"?

I was use the following from this site but perhaps there is a better site for this info: https://boltdepot.com/Fastener-Information/Bolts/Metric-Bolt-Head-Size

NiXBoX is offline   Reply With Quote