Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2024, 02:31 PM   #1

Central locking failure and the door wiring harness

Hi,
I am getting double beep on unlock with the passenger door window not dropping slightly when either handle is pulled. I had this issue a little less than a year ago, and replacing the lock mechanism fixed it. I got another lock mechanism, but that didn’t fix it. When I opened up the door, I also saw that this wiring harness has 4 wires that look almost cut in half. 3 are brown-green and one is blue-white. I’m not sure if these were severed last year too or if they became pinched somehow later and created my new window drop issue. Does anyone have experience with this door wiring harness or other solutions to my window problem? There is also a red light on the lock button as there was with my previous fault last year.

alexc0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 04:21 PM   #2

Here's a picture of the wiring harness with the split wires. It almost looks intentional, but I don't see why someone would have done this unless these wires are somehow connected to the door speakers.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:52 PM   #3

Just an update for anyone experiencing a similar issue in the future- my mechanic soldered the wires and this fixed my issue.

I created the issue by not properly rerouting the wiring harness after reassembling the inner door piece after I replaced the door lock last year for the same symptoms. I also noticed my passenger side window slowing down and sometimes making clicking noises as it lowered, but I figured this was a window regulator beginning to go bad. Nope- it was the window squeezing the wiring harness up against the metal bracket inside the door, gradually slicing the wires in half.