Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2023, 04:40 AM   #1

986 1997 tip won't shift

Hi. My 986 got new fluids a month ago and was working well. Last weekend I left it outside and went away for 2 days. It rained hard and i found out my drains were clogged, water was absorbed by the foam underneath the carpet and ECU was thankfully unharmed. I dismantled the center console and the levers, ebrake to remove the soiled carpet and foams and put it back together when i the carpet dried after I washed it.

When I drove off, the gear selector would be on D but wouldnt go past 2nd gear regardless of speed and rpm. I tried manual mode and it was responding normally up to the 4th gear but after a few seconds on 4th, the light shifted to D even if the lever was engaged to manual mode and I'm again stuck in 2nd gear.

Is there anything inside that I might've failed to put back that caused this?

rasv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
986 , tiptronic