Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2021, 05:18 PM   #1

Garage
PCA UCR Concours d’Élégance Show & Shine

Anyone going to the show at Firemen’s Park in Niagara Falls on Saturday September 4th?
https://pcaucr.org/social/concours/
https://pcaucr.org/

986 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #2

Garage
Beautiful day and Beautiful cars. That must've been anywhere from 300-500 Porsche's at the event, 160 entries.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #3

Garage
Very slow to upload photos

Old 09-04-2021, 07:38 PM   #4

Garage
A lot of nice cars that weren't even in the show.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:31 AM   #5

Garage
It's very slow to upload photos with the phone on this site.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:57 AM   #6

Garage
Apparently there was over 1000 people at the show, very hard to get a picture without people in front of the cars.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #7

I see the back of my bumper in one of the photos of the green 986 Boxster!

Great event. Lots of nice people!
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I see the back of my bumper in one of the photos of the green 986 Boxster!

Great event. Lots of nice people!
Yeah it was a really nice event. You should've told me you were going, I would've voted for you , or at least said hi.
Who won in your class? You were runner up? That green Boxster was my favorite 986, stunning color in person, yours is also a beautiful blue color in person, it was a close call between yours and the green one .
The 3.4 was to modified for my liking, don't get me wrong, it was still an outstanding car but, I like more the original 986 look.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986 Boxster View Post
Yeah it was a really nice event. You should've told me you were going, I would've voted for you , or at least said hi.
Who won in your class? You were runner up? That green Boxster was my favorite 986, stunning color in person, yours is also a beautiful blue color in person, it was a close call between yours and the green one .
The 3.4 was to modified for my liking, don't get me wrong, it was still an outstanding car but, I like more the original 986 look.
haha sorry I didn't think anyone on here would post for a local event, let alone a Canadian one. I'm more active over on the Rennlist Canada forums.

I definitely did not win - My car is driven regularly and has been tracked so there are bumps, dents, scrapes, clear coat coming off and all sorts of mumbo jumbo going on but it runs like a champ and has been super reliable for me. It's definitely not a concours car whatsoever. I didn't show up to win at all; I was actually volunteering to help set up and tear down the event and my fiance joined me for the day.

The winner I believe was the red one beside mine; Runner up was one of the arena red Boxsters but I'm not exactly sure which one. My car definitely made the red one look super nice and a show-class winner hahaha! I really liked the green one too. I had a chance to talk to the owner; Nice British gentleman by the name of Norm who lives up in Guelph. He bought it from the original owner just outside of Montreal back in 2017. That was my favourite one as well!

I'm heading over to the upcoming PCA UCR "Cars & Coffee" event hosted by Porsche of London this upcoming Saturday, September 11 from 9:00AM to 11:00AM. I'm heading out of Mississauga at 7:00AM sharp to meet up with a few others I met at the concours event. Would be great to see more 986 representation at these events. Let me know if you decide to go!

Edit: Thanks for the picture! We totally forgot to take a picture of our own car!

Last edited by bcrdukes; 09-06-2021 at 06:26 PM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:50 AM   #10

Garage
The event was just down the road from me, about 20 minutes from me, so I just went to look. Like you, my car is not a garage queen, it's a drivers car, so it stayed in parking area . I don't think I can make it to London this Saturday, but if anything changes I will let you know, thanks.
I have really nice pictures of the event but, this site sucks to load up pictures. I resided them to under 2mb but they still don't load up, I give up