Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #1

Headlight Corner Trim Pieces

I have picked up a pair of OEM Porsche/Bosch headlight assemblies with the clear turn signal lenses to replace my current amber ones. They are missing the corner trim pieces (996.631.045.00 & 996.631.046.00) so I am now in the market for them. During my internet searches I have run into the following questions and I am hoping someone has already figured out.

Is there a clear version and a clear smoked version? I have seen references to both. In many of the online images some seem really dark while others appear lighter. They all list the same part numbers I am thinking this may be caused by the type of lighting used in the pictures.

There are two manufactures, URO and OEM Porsche. At Pelican Parts the URO is $50 apiece and the OEM Porsche is $79 apiece. Anyone have opinions or knowledge of the quality of build between the two? How is the color match between the URO tand the OEM headlight?

Lowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:43 AM   #2

Garage
I was only able to find “clear” that look like your top left picture when I needed them years ago. They are not as clear as the OEM lights but are not that noticeable. A little bit of smoke to them. If you find clear “clear” corners, let me know, I would love to have some!

These look like they might be clearer than the ones I have.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/99663104600.htm?pn=996-631-046-00-M253&gclid=CjwKCAjwjdOIBhA_EiwAHz8xm8rc3BJzYjtJ4N_2tzwP ISHVJH5huW2iKbqCC6sWHm4C6UmeXyu09xoCyacQAvD_BwE
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:10 AM   #3

Anyone find trim pieces at a decent price?
The Bosch pieces available in North America?
Two pieces of plastic shouldn’t cost 150$
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #4

Garage
You may want to check the EBay sites in Europe. I got a pair of smoke colored corners a couple years ago for $90US from a place in Lithuania that I found thru the EBay UK site. I've also found Porsche parts at the EBay DE site for good prices.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #5

Not looking great on eBay right now. I’ll give the dealer a call tomorrow. I might pay more but I shouldn’t have to wait or pay expensive shipping. We’ll see.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:17 AM   #6

I bought a set of the URO parts from Pelican because of cost. The color match was good, but they didn't fit. There was extra flashing at the mold line of the two halves keeping it from snapping in place. I ended up swapping them for the more expensive OEM parts. I didn't like having to spend that much for trim pieces, but at least the OEM parts fit.

I searched high and low for cheaper alternatives, but I gave up. Just be wary if they are URO parts.
Lowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowski View Post
I bought a set of the URO parts from Pelican because of cost. The color match was good, but they didn't fit. There was extra flashing at the mold line of the two halves keeping it from snapping in place. I ended up swapping them for the more expensive OEM parts. I didn't like having to spend that much for trim pieces, but at least the OEM parts fit.

I searched high and low for cheaper alternatives, but I gave up. Just be wary if they are URO parts.
Thanks for the heads up on the URO parts. Dealer it is then.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:21 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowski View Post

I replaced my trunk shocks the other day. I had replaced them 5 years ago and they were already worthless. The manufacturer was URO. Stay away from them, just sayin…

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote