Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #1

Estimated date of completion is...>>

(for my 987) January 10th! Starting to get a little exciting...My salesman says they are pretty good about meeting those deadlines, and that about 30 days (or less) was right for estimating when it would get here, from that date. What has been the experience of others here, with those dates?

John Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Y
(for my 987) January 10th! Starting to get a little exciting...My salesman says they are pretty good about meeting those deadlines, and that about 30 days (or less) was right for estimating when it would get here, from that date. What has been the experience of others here, with those dates?

Sir, I don't see how you're surviving this. The anticipation must be lethal! :troll:
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
bmussatti

When I ordered my car in August of 2005 I selected a March 2006 delivery date. The dealership had an open January allocation for a "build" so the timing worked out great. The told me the car would be built in January and shipped in February for March delivery. The car was at the dealership by mid-February and I took delivery in late March as agreed.

I think they are pretty accurate with the process.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #4

Though it'd be hard, I wouldn't hurry and would set it up for a March delivery if possible. You won't be missing out on a lot of top down fun in Feb in NY.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #5

My GOD! Still a couple of months out, how can you stand it?!?
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
Though it'd be hard, I wouldn't hurry and would set it up for a March delivery if possible. You won't be missing out on a lot of top down fun in Feb in NY.
yeah, that thought has crossed my mind a couple of times! I will at least wait 'til it's a nice clear, dry day in February before I pick it up; on the other hand, Feb 11th is my birthday - it would be nice to have it. And even if I'm not drving it alot, hell, I'll just sit in it in the garage and make some "vroom, vroom" noises if I have to!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Y
yeah, that thought has crossed my mind a couple of times! I will at least wait 'til it's a nice clear, dry day in February before I pick it up; on the other hand, Feb 11th is my birthday - it would be nice to have it. And even if I'm not drving it alot, hell, I'll just sit in it in the garage and make some "vroom, vroom" noises if I have to!!!

Good advice from Z about the March delivery date. That's why I waited a couple extra months. I did not want to drive it in bad weather. I also saved from not having to pay for it, insure it, or pay for garage space (I rent from my next door neighbor).

As far as your Birthday goes and doing a little vrooom vrooom action...just keep 'er under 4,200 RPM's!!!!!

During my 7 month wait, I visited just about every Porsche dealer in the midwest to get my "Boxster" fix for the week. Sometimes I got a 'test drive' bust mostly just walked around the lot and looked at cars. It helped...a lot.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #8

LOL, those noises would be made by me, not the car, if I'm stuck in the garage!!! That's how much I want it ASAP, even if it means driving it will be limited in the early days!