Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2021, 06:45 AM   #21

That's exactly how it felt when my rears went out, replacing them fixed the problem

Make sure to replace both sides when you do this. Otherwise you'll prematurely wear the new one and the old one will usually fail in short order.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #22
PhoenixBlue

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was hoping to hear, and will report back once I’ve fixed the parts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
That's exactly how it felt when my rears went out, replacing them fixed the problem

Make sure to replace both sides when you do this. Otherwise you'll prematurely wear the new one and the old one will usually fail in short order.

PhoenixBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBlue View Post
Thank you so much! Exactly what I was hoping to hear, and will report back once I’ve fixed the parts!!

Happy hunting!

Old 06-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #24
PhoenixBlue

Okay so I replaced my front LCAs with the EPS ones. Huge difference, much tighter and less rattling - BUT still has the juddering feel (though it now feels more like ABS/PSM engaging).

Have to recommend these LCAs with the poly bushings, though - took a vid of them vs the original worn ones:
https://youtube.com/shorts/bJ5DBHQZ3Yw?feature=share

My theory is that my mechanic was right too, and the wiring+speed sensors are also shot, and the LCA replacements helped, but didn’t cure the issue… will wait a bit before I try replacing these, though as the car has spent too much time in the workshop recently!

Quote:
Happy hunting!

Old 06-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBlue View Post
Okay so I replaced my front LCAs with the EPS ones. Huge difference, much tighter and less rattling - BUT still has the juddering feel (though it now feels more like ABS/PSM engaging).

Have to recommend these LCAs with the poly bushings, though - took a vid of them vs the original worn ones:

https://youtube.com/shorts/bJ5DBHQZ3Yw?feature=share

My theory is that my mechanic was right too, and the wiring+speed sensors are also shot, and the LCA replacements helped, but didn’t cure the issue… will wait a bit before I try replacing these, though as the car has spent too much time in the workshop recently!
Dang, sorry to hear that phoenix. Hope you get it sorted out.

Old 06-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #26
PhoenixBlue

No worries! Thanks for your advice, changing those LCAs was so worth the additional feel on its own!!

Quote:
Happy hunting!

Quote:
Dang, sorry to hear that phoenix. Hope you get it sorted out.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #27
PhoenixBlue

Updates on this: changing the speed sensors and harnesses on all 4 wheels did not help much. I seem to be able to take the car to higher cornering limits before the juddering starts, but it’s still there. Strangely only on understeer, oversteer/rear wheels are ok…

Back to the drawing board… anyone has any suggestions?