Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2021, 04:36 AM   #1
Porschephile

Recaro Pole Positions

I swear I saw a photo on here at some point of someone who had pole positions reupholstered in graphite gray leather. Found some beat up pole positions for sale and was thinking of doing this. Can’t find the post or photo. I remember drooling over the photo. Anyone?

Old 05-15-2021, 05:29 AM   #2

Post the pics if you find them please.
I've had the same idea about finding the right looking aftermarket seat and getting it upholstered w/ Porsche leather. I just need to find a seat that looks like it could belong in the car. There are a lot of earlier Porsche's I see like that, I just can't find the right seats for a 986 Boxster.

Look here for some inspiration:

https://car-bone.pl/upholstery/
Old 05-15-2021, 05:49 AM   #3

Genuine Recaro pole position do have velcro to put the upholstery parts on. At some parts it's also glued on. Also they have a wire system and a spring that holds the parts on the "seat chassis". With fabric that's relatively easy to change. With leather definitely not. Epecially the side bolders will be some trouble for the upholsterer, if you want them in leather.

I would always prefer fabric on these seats, because they are more a race seat than a comfort seat. And leather isn't breathable at all.

Regards, Markus
Old 11-11-2021, 04:03 AM   #4
Porschephile

Not the original photo I saw but this leather looks like a spot on match to my graphite gray interior. Minus the BMW M logo embossed into the headrest.

Old 11-11-2021, 04:06 AM   #5
Porschephile

I dislike the big wings on the period correct GT3 seats that would fit our cars. The pole positions are relativity comfortably and look great IMHO. I need a race seat after my last track day. Knee still hurts from bracing myself against the door all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
Post the pics if you find them please.
I've had the same idea about finding the right looking aftermarket seat and getting it upholstered w/ Porsche leather. I just need to find a seat that looks like it could belong in the car. There are a lot of earlier Porsche's I see like that, I just can't find the right seats for a 986 Boxster.

Look here for some inspiration:

https://car-bone.pl/upholstery/