Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2021, 06:32 AM   #1

Audio/speaker harness ends

Hey guys,

I'm replacing the stereo in my 2000 S.
As part of that I'm replacing the rear storage cubby/speaker shelf with the Bose subwoofer shelf from the 987 (yes, also replacing the drivers in that before I put it in).

I would really really like to not hack up the original wiring harness, and retain the ability to simply detach the speaker shelf.

For that my plan is to make an adapter to go between the 986 rear speaker harness and the 987 speaker shelf.

Does anybody know where I can find, or should start looking, for the shelf side of the 986 and the car side of the 987 ?

Bonus would be if I could also find the 986 door subwoofer connectors as I plan on replacing those as well.
I already have the connector for the frunk amp so I can adapt that to an aftermarket amp without cutting the harness.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old 04-29-2021, 07:01 AM   #2

Just get a 4 pin quick disconnect, solder wires and be done with it. Only other option is to find someone with a used one or get a whole wire harness from the dealer.

The door speaker just uses standard spade connectors. Unplug the old ones and plug in the new aftermarket ones. Dash is the only place where there is a custom connector which is just better to cut off & put spade connectors on.

Doesn't need to be complicated, it's just wires and they are never seen anyway.

2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote