Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #1

Quick window question

I’m new to the car and I’m not sure if it’s a feature or somethings wrong. When the tops down I can’t put the windows all the way up they drop down 1 inch from top position and only way they go higher is if I stick my finger I the switch where the top latches. Is this normal? I’ve only been in one convertible before and it was different

Escott1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escott1622 View Post
I’m new to the car and I’m not sure if it’s a feature or somethings wrong. When the tops down I can’t put the windows all the way up they drop down 1 inch from top position and only way they go higher is if I stick my finger I the switch where the top latches. Is this normal? I’ve only been in one convertible before and it was different
The car will drop the windows when you drop the top, but after the top is fully down you should be able to put them back up the rest of the way. If it's not allowing you to do that, the top may not be down all the way - does the light on the dash go off when the top is fully down or is it still on?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #3

Still on.. I’m replacing the top next week because of a window issue, is there anything I should check while it’s off or is it latch related
Old 03-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #4

I’m going to try to hold the button for longer to see if it goes off I normally let off after I see it stop moving
Old 03-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #5

It takes another 1-2 seconds after the clamshell closes for the light to go off. Once the light is off though they will come up.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
It takes another 1-2 seconds after the clamshell closes for the light to go off. Once the light is off though they will come up.

That seemed to be it works now