Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #1

Any suggestions for wheel spacers?

Looking for some wheel spacer suggestions, 2001 Boxster. I found someone on here with the same wheels and he has spacers 15mm front 23 rear but couldn’t seem to get ahold of him. Anyone have suggestions for sizes? I figured I’d go with h&r but is there any better ones or any that come with the correct hardware. I’ll post pictures of mine (yellow) and the one with spacers is black. 23 may be too much for me id go 15 all around or 15 front 20 rear

Attached Images

Escott1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:57 AM   #2

In the past six weeks I've added spacers to several of my Boxsters after having the wheels refinished and new tires.

I've gone with 15 mm square on two cars and 15 mm front, 20 mm rear on one car. I wouldn't go any wider than 20 mm in the rear. All my wheels are factory Boxster wheels 17 and 18 inch.

I bought the spacers from Amazon from a supplier called Venom Wheel Accessories. The spacers are American made w/ the bolts made in Germany. They have a lot of different widths available and you can get package sets of four spacers with different width front and back.

Go to Amazon and search "Venom Wheel Accessories Black Porsche Wheel Spacers" and it'll list a boatload. Search around until you find what you're looking for.

They ship fast - two days from ordering to doorstep.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
In the past six weeks I've added spacers to several of my Boxsters after having the wheels refinished and new tires.

I've gone with 15 mm square on two cars and 15 mm front, 20 mm rear on one car. I wouldn't go any wider than 20 mm in the rear. All my wheels are factory Boxster wheels 17 and 18 inch.

I bought the spacers from Amazon from a supplier called Venom Wheel Accessories. The spacers are American made w/ the bolts made in Germany. They have a lot of different widths available and you can get package sets of four spacers with different width front and back.

Go to Amazon and search "Venom Wheel Accessories Black Porsche Wheel Spacers" and it'll list a boatload. Search around until you find what you're looking for.

These are the ones that I've had on my car since Feb 2000 (15k miles ago). They are pretty nice - hub centric, no balance issues at all, very nice fit. I did 15/25 and I love the look. I run 225/17s up front and they 15 pushes them out to just inside the fender. I didn't want to go any farther because that setup is a really nice balance for steering in my opinion. 25 pushes the back wheel just beyond the top of the fender but I've not had any issues with mud splash or rock damage. It is a bit aggresive considering the wheel offsets but I have not had any undue suspension wear (that I can tell) since install. The bolts are really nice, they have the swivel collar just like stock ones. This is really important because most suppliers do not use this type of bolt which porsche says is mandatory in the manual. I can take pics tonight if you want.

FWIW, porsche actually makes oem 19mm spacers for these cars. You'll see them occasionally in pelican parts. Stupid expensive. I have not seen any documentation regarding concerns about wheel offsets when using them though, which makes me think that the suspension geometry will at least handle that without issue. I don't know that for a fact though.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2021, 07:11 AM   #4

Quote:

This look like them?Name:  23D2CAB6-65A1-4C33-972D-F452F253C615.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  114.8 KB
Old 02-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escott1622 View Post
This look like them?Attachment 22837
That's them. Here's the set I have.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
That's them. Here's the set I have.

Would you suggest doing 15mm or 20mm rear? And do you have the same wheels or pictures of 15 and 20mm?
Old 02-23-2021, 09:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Would you suggest doing 15mm or 20mm rear? And do you have the same wheels or pictures of 15 and 20mm?
I'm at work, so sorry, no pictures.

I think with your 18" wheels being 1/2 inch wider than my 17" wheels, I'd stick with 15mm in the rear, no wider than 20mm.

I'm a little more conservative than Ike on the rear (my 20mm vs his 25mm), but neither is wrong. Be aware what Ike says about where his tires sit with 17" wheels (8.5" wide) and 25mm spacers. You may find you're a little too wide with 9" wide wheels and 20mm spacers.

Ike, your thoughts?
Old 02-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #8
On the slippery slope

Garage
What size spacers you use are directly related to the wheels and offset of those particular wheels.

I ran 15mm front and 20 mm back and 90mm studs

The plain jane spacers on Amazon or ebay are fine. You don't need to spend big $$ on spacers
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 02-23-2021 at 09:34 AM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:43 AM   #9

15 up front, 25 in rear, 17" turbo twists.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:55 AM   #10

I think I’ll go with the 15mm front and back kit. I didn’t want to mess with sourcing separate fitting hardware I’m glad this seems to be bolt on out of the box
Old 02-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #11
On the slippery slope

Garage
You can't use the original factory lug bolts with spacers more than maybe 5 mm
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:07 AM   #12

Quote:
I think I’ll go with the 15mm front and back kit. I didn’t want to mess with sourcing separate fitting hardware I’m glad this seems to be bolt on out of the box
Make sure you get the kit with the two-piece bolts w/ the swivel collar that Ike mentioned and not the one piece bolts. They'll send you the right length bolts when you order the entire kit.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Make sure you get the kit with the two-piece bolts w/ the swivel collar that Ike mentioned and not the one piece bolts. They'll send you the right length bolts when you order the entire kit.
So this?. I normally never mess with spacers so I tend to not know what I’m taking about
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2021, 11:42 AM   #14

That's the one. You'll need to order two of those kits. One for the front, one for the rear.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Looking for some wheel spacer suggestions, 2001 Boxster. I found someone on here with the same wheels and he has spacers 15mm front 23 rear but couldn’t seem to get ahold of him. Anyone have suggestions for sizes? I figured I’d go with h&r but is there any better ones or any that come with the correct hardware. I’ll post pictures of mine (yellow) and the one with spacers is black. 23 may be too much for me id go 15 all around or 15 front 20 rear
Really like that spoiler on your yellow boxster. Do mind letting me know what brand and where you purchased it. Thanks, Mike

Metmacie is offline   Reply With Quote