986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Your favorite aftermarket exhaust: High-end to Low-end (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78529)

coreseller 08-30-2020 07:20 AM

B & B exhaust without headers, sounded fine except the drone drove me nuts. Video the prior owner took after exhaust install:

<iframe width="963" height="722" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EgD7a9zuBJE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

elisecoen 08-30-2020 08:40 AM

I like my BLF exhaust. To me it was the least rice-sounding one out there for a good price. Adds a nice deep drone to the inside noise, but not too loud. The pipes are pretty good size with minimal bends, so it definitely helps the engine exhale better.

minotaurfightstore | minotaurfightstore

BYprodriver 08-30-2020 08:54 AM

After much experimentation I have settled on the Danks oe type stainless with minimal interior packing, Fabspeed Primary Sport cats & ceramic coated midpipes.http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1598806459.jpg

MN 986 08-31-2020 12:39 PM

FVD Brombacher “Sound Version” muffler with secondary cat delete pipes. Zero drone and pure flat 6 sound om acceleration, and almost as quiet as stock when cruising. Highly recommended!

hockenheim 09-13-2020 07:55 PM

Dansk muffler here. Rest of the exhaust system is stock. Slightly more aggressive sound and no drone. Overall happy with the sound and definitely with the quality and workmanship of the product

tonythetiger 09-14-2020 05:29 AM

Fabspeed supercup. These leave the primary cats and replace the midpipes and muffler. IMHO, they are WAY too loud and drone when the car is under throttle. Folks outside the car say they sound great, but I dont enjoy driving the car anymore. my fault, but I dont like them.

Black Knight 09-14-2020 11:18 AM

Price just dropped

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN 986 (Post 623506)
FVD Brombacher “Sound Version” muffler with secondary cat delete pipes. Zero drone and pure flat 6 sound om acceleration, and almost as quiet as stock when cruising. Highly recommended!

I just noticed the price dropped as well. They seemed too dear to me at $2K but worth considering now they are 50% off. Maybe. I still like their headers and am considering the 100 cell cats and then working with local muffler shop and trying to fit some Borla or Magnaflow mufflers and doing some type of x-pipe to minimize drone. But might just be easier to get these and the headers etc.

Gilles 09-14-2020 05:22 PM

I am bias..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Knight (Post 624324)
They seemed too dear to me at $2K but worth considering now they are 50% off.

Black Night, many moons ago (12-13yrs) ago the Cayman site (now Planet 9) had a group buy of the SpeedArt exhaust (same manufacturer that makes the FVD Brombacher), I joined the group for the Sport version (loud), and I was very happy with my choice as the sound is awesome and the exhaust is top quality with literally 'zero drone' this was important as my 987CS was my daily driver, therefore I am bias on this exhaust and if the price is right you may want to jump on it.. :rolleyes:

luckyed7711 09-15-2020 09:25 PM

which price dropped?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Knight (Post 624324)
I just noticed the price dropped as well. They seemed too dear to me at $2K but worth considering now they are 50% off. Maybe. I still like their headers and am considering the 100 cell cats and then working with local muffler shop and trying to fit some Borla or Magnaflow mufflers and doing some type of x-pipe to minimize drone. But might just be easier to get these and the headers etc.

price of what dropped? FVD "sound version" muffler is the same price it's always been, $1,299, plus shipping

tonythetiger 09-18-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonythetiger (Post 624297)
Fabspeed supercup. These leave the primary cats and replace the midpipes and muffler. IMHO, they are WAY too loud and drone when the car is under throttle. Folks outside the car say they sound great, but I dont enjoy driving the car anymore. my fault, but I dont like them.

Headed in another direction, any interest out there for this exhaust? I’ll post up next week in parts, but you guys get first crack. Don’t even have 100 miles through them. 1500 plus tax and shipping new. Entertaining offers but be realistic please. I’ll bet there is some local interest with the racers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert986 01-27-2021 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN 986 (Post 623506)

Hey, what kind of headers are you using? Catted headers or no cats?

I consider running: Catless headers -> catless midpipe -> FVD Sound Version. I hope it won´t be too loud.