Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #1

Intermittent Wipers on 99 Base?

Can someone explain how the intermittent wipers work on a base 99 Boxster?

The bottom two wiper settings don't do anything in my car...... was it an option?

Thanks.

-Eric

99 Base

Eric-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:38 PM   #2
A Porsche Guy

The stalk for the windshield wiper when pressed down should be on, slow, and fast (vice versa when pushed up). You cannot adjust the speed of it in-between slow and fast for your 99 from stock factory. You either have a bad fuse, relay, or stalk. For later models there is an option to add the dial to your center vent console to adjust that in-between.
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:49 PM   #3

If it turns out to be your relay, see this thread for a cheap upgrade: http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/60548-adding-variable-intermittent-wipers-early-box-easy-way.html
Old 07-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #4

I have the high and low speeds, but there are two separate "steps" in the arm below the low speed setting. Review of the manual shows lowest position is "intermittent", but not on my car.

I'll check fuses/see if there are relay issues, but it's just surprising the have two separate positions for off.

I checked out the link, and will confirm I can fit the manual setable intermittent relay, looks like a great option.

Thanks.

-Eric

99 Base

Eric-986 is offline   Reply With Quote