Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #21

Hello everyone. I am interested in purchasing a used boxster and I thought that I find more info by checking out the forum. I think I made the right choice. I am finding great information about the boxster here. Thank you everyone and especially mikefocke.

goyangyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #22

Thank you guys for the input. I also posted this question on the RX7 board, and the replies were also interesting.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=587380&page=1&pp=15

I'm definitely leaning towards the Boxster S. My goals are not to impress the girls, but to have reliability and a high fun factor, as I stated up front.

Some of the commentary is immature on the other board... just skip past those. Clearly there are young tuners on board who cannot tell the difference between discussing the issue and just making statements without merit.

Sincerely,

Rob
BoxsterBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 AM   #23

hey bob, thanks for sharing the other thread. i gotta say, you got same balls to ask about Boxster in a different community (i'm saying this in a positive way). You are right, about some of the comment made there " Some of the commentary is immature on the other board... just skip past those. Clearly there are young tuners on board who cannot tell the difference between discussing the issue and just making statements without merit." [SIZE=2]

You made the right decision! If I get an opportunity (spell check please) to buy another Boxster, I will definitely get an S

Oh BTW..Bob when you go back to the RX7 forum, could you please tell, to some of them, that Boxster spells with an S and not BOXTER
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:28 AM   #24

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in... My Boxster has been a great car over the past two years. Yes, there have been a few maintenance issues but with the help of great advice here I have been able to do the work for the price of parts. Brake pads, Rotors, Water Reservoir, bulbs, etc.

There is something special about owning a car like this that I have rarely experienced and I have owned some decent cars. When you pull up to a stop sign and a couple of ten year old kids on bikes look over and give you a thumbs up, or the girl in the drive-thru smiles and says she'd trade you cars, I had a seventy year old lady walk up to me in a parking lot last week and say "Nice Wheels". And while the complements are fun there is little that surpasses a windy open road on a sunny day. Heck my wife asks me to go to the store at 10:00 at night and I'm out the door before she tells me what she wants.

You inquire about the cost of a rebuild at 100 to 120k miles but with 26k on the car you have a long way to go before even thinking about that. I actually had similar concerns when I bought the car but when you get under the car and work on it and talk to mechanics it becomes clear that this car is very well engineered. It has a strong racing heritage and that is evident when you push it to its limits. Pardon my rambling as I know I'm starting to sound like a commercial but when you combine the value, styling, and performance you may find something different but you wouldn't find better. Good luck on your decision!
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #25
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob
Thank you guys for the input. I also posted this question on the RX7 board, and the replies were also interesting.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=587380&page=1&pp=15

I'm definitely leaning towards the Boxster S. My goals are not to impress the girls, but to have reliability and a high fun factor, as I stated up front.

Some of the commentary is immature on the other board... just skip past those. Clearly there are young tuners on board who cannot tell the difference between discussing the issue and just making statements without merit.

Sincerely,

Rob
Amazing what some people think of Porsche owners and anything other than a 911. Jerks drive all kinds of cars, not just German ones, but that's the popular conception.. I've only had positive responses to my car, thumbs up driving down the road and compliments at gas stations.

I do agree though that there are alot of Boxsters compared to Rx-7s. I live in a town of 150,000 people and in the summer, there are 4 in my parking lot at work and just one 3rd gen Rx-7.

Last edited by blue2000s; 10-28-2006 at 06:34 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote