Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2020, 03:31 AM   #1
99Box99

Garage
Angels eyes problem!!!

Hi everyone,

Recherche pièce d’un kit retrofit
De lumière angels eyes pour 986 99.

Last summer,I bought a 986 1999, with an Angels eyes retrofit kit.

The hallow around my front light doesn’t work
Properly!!

So, I’m looking for an electric diagram
WITH THE NAME OF THE PARTS
If something is broke, I will be able to order the parts. I will post pictures of the parts tonight

It’s a great kit, an I want it work good!

A reply from Nines8Six (Fred)will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin-Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #2

Hi Martin, Nine8Six Fred popped into the Forum for a bit in February, hopefully he'll see this and reply. If your car has his projectors, it is very likely the Angel Eye halos, which are COB (Chips on a Board) LEDs have started burning out. That happened to mine too, even though they were wired through a relay to only come on in the parking light only ight switch position and I never used them. The heat from the bi-xenon projectors kills them. Unfortunately, they are epoxy glued into the inside of the beautifully machined and finished projector shroud. There is no way to get them out and replace them. I ended up disabling them and recommissioning my original parking lights.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #3
99Box99

Garage
angels eyes problems

Hi Paul,

Do you know what is that part?

Martin
Old 03-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #4

Hi Martin, I am pretty sure that is a DC to DC stepdown transformer to reduce the 12 volt power to lower voltage needed to power the LED Angel Eyes. If I am correct, cutting those wires will de-activate the Angel Eyes. When my Angel Eyes went, I asked a couple of people if replacing them would fix the Angel Eyes and they thought it very doubtful that they were the problem, so I just deactivated my Angel Eyes by cutting those wires.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:16 AM   #5
99Box99

Garage
Wink headlight parts x2

hi Paul,

It's look like you're on the site more than me!! lolll

IF i could talk to Fred (nine8six) !!!!! that's i'm who sell the angel eye's kit to my brother in law....(From who i bought the 986)

I don't know how to use all the functions on this site.
Can you send a message «in general»... if somebody can join him for me because i need that part x 2 to fix my headlight.

Kind regards,

Martin-Erick
Old 03-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin-Erick View Post
hi Paul,

It's look like you're on the site more than me!! lolll

IF i could talk to Fred (nine8six) !!!!! that's i'm who sell the angel eye's kit to my brother in law....(From who i bought the 986)

I don't know how to use all the functions on this site.
Can you send a message «in general»... if somebody can join him for me because i need that part x 2 to fix my headlight.

Kind regards,

Martin-Erick
I have many of these and can give you a pair or two.
However, they will not come with connectors (just reuse your existing connectors) and I seriously doubt they are the issue. It’s always the AE’s, themselves.

particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote