Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Door stripes (singer style) with custom colors?

So I have wanted to do stripes since before buying the car. I also just purchase a Klisstle Roll bar Overlay and might get a Joe Toth duck tail. Since I have to decide on what to paint the roll bar covers and duck tail if I get it that started me thinking about overall look which brought me back to the door stripes.

I have some some (not many) shots of seal gray with red or orange accents and I think I really like the look. (not sure about the roll bars though... )

I found shots of Bran's seal gray with (red?) stripes and thought it looked good. I think i can get similar ones here: https://stripegarage.com/products/singer-style-911-stripes does anyone have experience with them?

I am really hoping to find a place that does that style stripe in custom colors. Specifically I am thinking about doing Zanzibar Red as the accent color. Not sure if it would look good, might try to play in photoshop a bit. I fell in love with the color when I was shopping for the boxster. Thought I found one near me, but it turned out to be a wrap and it was not the car I wanted.

Thoughts on the combination of colors?? anyone done a singer style custom color stripe?

Thank you!
Brian

bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Brans Seal gray with stripe

Here is a shot I found in the Seal gray thread of Bran's stripe.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Hey Brian,
I have the Klissle covers, too. Painted them silver...but after seeing mostly every Boxster, SLK, TT or Miata with silver or Chrome rollbars...I didn't like silver anymore and it was too much of an eye catcher anyway. So I decided to paint them in seal gray, subtil and MUCH MUCH better now.
I suggest for the Klisstle covers: Silver nay, Seal gray yay
Here two more photos of the PORSCHE side Stripes:
My red washed out (I painted the letters red -- not really working)--> IDEA was to copy the LOGO from the Porsche dealerships in form and Color. Problem: The red color on seal gray was difficult to read, so I replaced them with a BLACK ROSE Color like my other wrappings (font is slightly different, not 100% original anymore, but better to read now).

Most vinyl/wrap shops will do your custom creations, doesn't cost a fortune (mine were done by wraparts from Berlin).

Old 02-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Bran,

I love the rose color, looks very good!

Thank you for your thoughts on the Klissle covers as well. I was originally thinking seal Gray but started thinking about other colors. I think I'll come back to where I started.

Going to have to try to Photoshop Zanzibar red as an accent color... Might be more like the original red you had and not contrast as well. But the orange tones might help it pop more...