Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #1

seats

I know people are always looking for seats. Just bought some from lseat.com
Look great, real leather, very pleased. No affiliation, just FYI.

ray_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
I struggled with the name the way it was listed. It's LSEAT.com
Old 12-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #3

Garage
They look nice, thanks for the tip!
Boleador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
Certified Boxster Addict

I bought from them for my 911SC and love them. However, I will say that it really depends on your expectations.

If you're just looking for new seat covers that get the job done, then lseat is fine. But if you want something that looks OEM, you probably need to go elsewhere.

For example, its easy to see bunching/puckering of the covers on the bottoms at the front edge where the black and tan meet. There is also rippling down the outside of the upper sides and around the bolsters. This level of quality would never be acceptable in a $50K car from Porsche.

With that being said, to most of us, these issues would be minor and very acceptable in a 15 yr old car that's worth $10K.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 12-15-2018 at 02:15 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #5

Did you install them yourself or have it done? They look nice and the price for the covers seems reasonable to me.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:31 AM   #6

Garage
Anyone have any experience with this vendor?

Porsche Boxster Seat Covers | AutoBerry.com

Thx
'56 356A
Tailwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:09 AM   #7

seats

Just replying.
1. yes, there is a bit of bunching on the sides and a small lip where the black and tan meet. The upholsterer told me to park it in the sun and the leather would shrink a bit and tighten up. True or not, too soon to tell.
2. Yes, I paid an upholsterer to do it. Took the seats out and took everything to him. Charged me $60 per seat. Took about 3 days.

So, total cost was $340 for the seats and $120 for install. Way cheaper than the $1700- $2,00 I was being quoted. And do you really want to spend $2,000 on a $10,000 car. Short of a great engine mod, I won't do that.

In sum, I am very pleased with what I got and what I paid for it.
ray_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:22 AM   #8

Is the installation of seat covers from LSEAT a DIY with no specific upholstery tools available?
Old 12-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flouese View Post
Is the installation of seat covers from LSEAT a DIY with no specific upholstery tools available?
Belay my last. Should have spent a few minutes searching the forum. Lesson learned.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
Anyone have any experience with this vendor?

Porsche Boxster Seat Covers | AutoBerry.com

Thx
I got some and were very nice quality but my upholsterer had to make adjustments to make them fit like new.
azlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #11

I am always wondering what a good stock seat replacement option would be ....in Boxster Red.

I expect to loose my seat heaters...but it may be time to get a modern more supportive bucket in there. Perhaps a Recaro custom would be the ticket. They have got to be cheaper than 996 GT3s
Old 02-27-2020, 05:52 AM   #12
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_pilot View Post
I know people are always looking for seats. Just bought some from lseat.com

Look great, real leather, very pleased. No affiliation, just FYI.
How was ther color- match to the rest of your Savannah beige interior?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #13

I can not speak about the LSeats.com Porsche seat replacement covers but I bought them and installed them in my 2003 Miata. I was very happy with them. When I took them to my upholstery man (35 years experience) he asked me where I got them. He said that he could not make them for what they cost and said that the leather quality was very good, in fact he was going to try to become a dealer for them. He installed the seats and rebuilt the side bolster foam. They came out looking great. This being said if you are interested in a set from LSeats you should call them and ask for the color samples to be sent to you. I did this as the guys on the Mx5 forum had said that the light tan color they had was not a perfect match for the factory Mazda seat. They were happy to send me their color samples. The color was not a perfect match for my slightly sun faded Miata but I ordered them anyway as there were no other alternatives out there that was a perfect match. That was a year and a half ago. The seats still look great and I get compliments all the time on them. No one has ever said a word about the lack of a perfect match.
I have a Lexus SC430 with a Ecru (off white) interior. The guys on the SC430 Forum that have ordered replacements for their Ecru seats said that they loved the seats and that it was a perfect match for them.
The color in the picture is really not as far off from the stock as it looks. The color samples were exactly the same color as what I received. I would recommend them but get the color samples first if you have anything but black to see if they are acceptable to you.

BobRickel is offline   Reply With Quote