Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 04:17 AM   #1

What's the story behind your forum name?

I've been a member here for 4.5 years and I've always been curious about some of your forum names and if there's a story behind them or a meaning. My forum name story isn't that great but I'm sure some of you have always wondered. Way back in 2007 i was into Chevy G-body's at the time. I had an Elcamino, a wagon, and a 2 door coupe(malibu). The 2 door was my main toy and I had a lot of modifications done to it. It was pro-touring to the max. It had a ZZ4 350, 700R4, 8.5 axle, tubular front suspension, aftermarket brakes and completely stripped interior. It was a very fast car and could handle as good as any full frame car could. People would always ask if it was a nova and that's how I came up with itsnotanova. GBodyforum.com was the first forum I joined and that name made since for that forum. I use that name now for every forum I join because it's never already used and its easier for me to remember. Now your turn. What's your story?

Attached Images

Last edited by itsnotanova; 01-08-2018 at 04:30 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:23 AM   #2

Well... This might be boring, but it's my last name.
I'm Swedish, and Fridsten is indeed a Swedish name, but there's only around 40 of us (31 adults, as far as I know), so it's pretty rare.
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
My name means Paul Of Toronto. Although I have lived in Winnipeg the past 4 years I did live in the Toronto area for 28. I've used this handle for a long time.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:59 AM   #4

Garage
Anker is an uncommon Danish first name. I was born in South Africa and considered my naming to be cruel and unusual punishment instigated by my parents. Didn't get any better when we move to Denmark because the spelling is exactly the same as the spelling of a boat anchor in Danish. It wasn't until I became an adult that I actually got to like my first name.

I refuse to tell anybody what my nickname was in South Africa. :-)
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #5

Garage
I used to manage Operations Control for a cargo/passenger airline. They called me black cloud because it seemed whenever I showed up for work bad things started to happen...weather..mechanical issues..air tunbacks..block turn backs... volcanic eruptions you name it!
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:14 AM   #6

While I was in the military everyone always called me Cas. No matter where I was stationed they all called me Cas. Maybe my last name is long so they all gave me that nickname and it stuck on me. My dream car was a Porsche 944 turbo. So when I first signed up for my first email account through AOL decades ago i came up with cas951. That’s been my username ever since.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:59 AM   #7

Mine is partially my name and 911SC for when I owned my SC . That's the forum name when I first joined Pelican and have used it ever since . The SC is long gone replaced by the Boxster but the name lives on
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #8

A contraction of my real names to remind me that I'm not hiding behind anonymity so I should be polite on the forums. Have used it back through BBS days in the '80s.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 AM   #9

Garage
My initials and my ride. I gotta keep it simple. When I forget my name or my ride, then I'm S!%& out of luck

Fortunately I'll never forget my password, the Inter web always spells it out "password"
Old 01-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #10

Mine is steve for my first name and d for my last name. But back in the day I had to create a work account for eBay and steved was already taken, and every other good combination of my name was taken. So I picked steved with some hexidecimal characters after it. I can't remember what they stood for (maybe my phone number at the time with ended in 7878) but the main benefit was that that name was available everywhere. I eventually shortened it to steved0x, which also is never taken anywhere

Now I write technical documentation, and so people think it means steve docs (with d0x for docs), which works out
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:58 AM   #11

Mine is a contraction. The business I started in the mid 80s was the morgan allen company, both of my children's middle names. I was born in 1948.
2008 Cayenne S (sold)
1989 Targa (sold)
morgal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #12

The yellowcake uranium used to bomb japan during wwii was mined just north of me. it was taken by tug and barge south to a railhead for refining in the states. the only obstacle to the barging was the big set of rapids on the river adjacent to where i live. so, they used to portage around the rapids and through my town. one of the tugs - the radium king - is now in the local museum. it made for a great band name back in the day, and has been my online handle ever since.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #13

Redtele58

I play a red Fender Telecaster. Born in 1958.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
The yellowcake uranium used to bomb japan during wwii was mined just north of me. it was taken by tug and barge south to a railhead for refining in the states. the only obstacle to the barging was the big set of rapids on the river adjacent to where i live. so, they used to portage around the rapids and through my town. one of the tugs - the radium king - is now in the local museum. it made for a great band name back in the day, and has been my online handle ever since.
These histories are very interesting, I always thought (and maybe you are?) you were a scientist or nuclear physicist based on your user name.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #15

only a 3 month gap in the summer of 2016 between trading my 993 and purchasing a 944 to build for my daughter did I not have at least one Porsche in the garage... you guessed it, Since95
since95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #16

Garage
Mine is also a contraction, when I first joined a forum I was driving an Audi A8 and added my initals to make the name. The A8 has since been replaced by an S8 and joined by a couple of Porsches a 964 and 986. It is just simpler to just keep using the same forum name with different passwords. As it is I can not always remember my own name...let alone passwords!!!
Old 01-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
These histories are very interesting, I always thought (and maybe you are?) you were a scientist or nuclear physicist based on your user name.
hah - i have a degree in engineering physics w a specialty in mechanical/nuclear engineering. makes for a cool piece of paper hanging on my wall while i work at a job that has nothing to do with what i went to school for (unless you consider managing people as similar to complicated, unstable, potentially toxic projects).
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #18

Lack of imagination, first name and last initial, and some friends call me Paulie. On the old Porsche Pete's Boxster Board I was PaulieWalnuts just for fun, but I think that name was already taken by the time I found this place.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #19

Mine is very boring - just my first name and my car. Although now that I think about it, perhaps I should have used Troy.Boxster.S to be more precise. Or not... I think I like it better as is.

Driving this car makes me wish I lived farther away from work!
Troy.Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #20
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Well, my degrees are in fine arts. My name is Newman. Been using NewArt for over 40 years in art projects and film-making. Funnily enough, my art and film website is NewArt.ca, not to be confused with NewArt.com which is a penis enlargement and related paraphernalia site!

YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote