Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2019, 06:55 AM   #1

Garage
No signal at SAI relay

Hi guys,

I've been fighting the P0410 and P1411 CEL codes for a while now without much success on my 2002 Boxster S. Long story short, I don't seem to be getting a signal at the relay when I activate the SAI pump via my Durametric (or on cold startup). I noticed it when I installed Particlewave's handy-dandy device, but it never powered up. I confirmed that there's no signal with my multimeter at the relay socket. I'm not quite sure where to go from here. Where does that come from, and why wouldn't there be a signal?

Possibly-related oddity, my engine compartment fan will come on for a few minutes more than once after I turn the car off, like 3-4 times. Woody mentioned that his cars haven't done that, I just assumed it was normal, but maybe not?

I'm tempted to give in and reflash to ROW, but would like other options. Also, if I do reflash, any recommendations on best /cheapest places to do it? I'm in Austin, if that helps. I would like to not be without my car for a week.

Thanks for any help, and if my search-fu has failed me, apologies and kindly point me in the right direction.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #2

I had the same issue recently. I think your solenoid valve is bad. Its under the passenger side intake manifold. When I swapped engines, i did an SAI delete and i didnt install the solenoid. The ECU detected that it had an open circuit and it wouldn’t send power to the pump.

Edit: Maybe not. Mine was code P0413. Check the relay to see if the ecu is triggering it. Maybe you have a bad relay?

Last edited by JustinS; 10-06-2019 at 04:09 PM.
JustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
Check the relay to see if the ecu is triggering it. Maybe you have a bad relay?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've replaced the relay and tested the signal at the socket with my multimeter with the relay removed.

Hmmmm, I think I'll double check, it's been a few weeks since I measured, and the more I think about it, the less I'm sure I checked the right pin. I'll update if I was wrong about the signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
p0410 , p1411 , sai