Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #1

Talking Parking at a Panther's Game ???

Now that I've got my Boxster up and running, I need some advice on parking it. Specifically, I have tickets to the Panthers / Saints game on Friday and would love to drive my Boxster to the game.

I don't have a parking pass so I am going to have to find some parking near the stadium. I hoped that some forum members might be familiar with the venue and would have some suggestions on where it would be safe to park my beloved car.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions,

Doug

g_arrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
KronixSpeed

just park it. it's not a lambourgini that its so wide that you need extra room. the car is so tiny that it fits into any parking spot. i personally would park it near the back. by the time the drunk dude gets to it, he'll be soo tired to even touch it. find a spot in a less traffic area and you should be fine.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #3

I went to a Patriot's exhibition game and we parked right behind a brand new Cayman. I complimented the owners as we walked into the stadium but told them I'd never bring it to the stadium. Like dbth says, I have seen some wild behavior unfold after games. Throwing stuff, fights, vandalism, etc.
A crowd favorite is punching out side windows, especially in "yuppie" cars. LOL
Plus, here we have the obligatory traffic jam getting into and out of the stadium. No need for high performance in that situ.

But if it's your only way to get there then you don't have much choice.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #4

Well, against everyone's advice, I drove my car to the Panther's game......I am pleased to announce that everything went smoothly.

Why did I do it.....well, temptation got the best of me and I felt like if one worries too much over their car, it sucks alot of the fun out....besides, I guess that's what insurance is for; afterall if we can afford these cars and the parts and labor that go along with ownership, I guess we can afford the insurance deductible that goes with ownership as well.

Here's what I did to make things safer:

I found a private parking lot where they rented spots for $15 and had security that was approx 3/4 mi from the stadium. I looked to see the quality of vehicles parked there....nice cars with some Land Rovers and Hummers. As I pulled in, I told the attendant "here's $15 for the parking and $10 for you if you will park me in a safe spot and keep an eye on my car."

the 10 spot worked wonders as they parked me next to where they were standing, presumably kept an eye on it, and welcomed me back as soon as they saw me with kind words.

As always, never underestimate the power of a decent tip.

Doug
g_arrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #5

Why did I just get a flashback from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Ferris : Would you calm down, I'm gonna give the guy a fiver to look after it? (to garage attendant) Hi how are you doing? Do you speak English?

Garage Attendant : Err, what country do you think this is?

Ferris : Listen, I want you to take extra special care of this vehicle. See what a Finski can do to a guy's attitude.

Garage Attendant : You fellas have nothing to worry about I'm a professional.

Cam : Professional what?

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote