Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #1

Boxster hitting a local shop for the first time next week.

I sent a message to a Forum Member who seems pretty active in Richmond.

((((Per your recommendation. I believe you had good things to say about them. I just got a 2001 Base with Triptronic. I fool around with a lot of different cars, but really don't know much about the Boxster. My plan was to have them check the car out. Similar to a pre-purchase. Let them suggest what they think and maybe prioritize. It has 81K and extensive records since 2014 when it was purchased with 62K Miles. The prior owner threw about 9.3K in work including IMS bearing upgrade at 64K.

I am thinking some of the bushings may be shot. I am hearing some chain noise on start up.
Twice it seems like the air oil separator is starting to go. Already replaced once.
I have ordered the electrics for the ignition switch.

Does Delta V have a go to guy for the Boxster Flat 6?))))

Since I already have the car, what direction would you point the shop?
Check the Suspension?
Listen to the Engine?
I am taking a binder with all the service records from the second owner so he can see what has been replaced etc..
Is there usually a Boxster expert or does any Porsche Mechanic qualify?
Brakes were done in the last 5K miles as well as an oil change. Should I let them do that just to see the quality of the oil or just do it myself as I had planned?
Thinking about a Transmission Service but they were not sure if they had ever done one on a Boxster and would have to check out the cost. (It is the same as other Triptronic Porsches?
Thanks

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite Rotisserie Restoration
90% complete in the final stages
hcallaway is offline   Reply With Quote