Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
So Dent Vanish came by this morning....

I have had a fair share of minor dents put in my Boxster since I bought it. Using it as my daily driver to work,on errands and such has taken its toll. I seeked professional experts to remove one minor dent that someone had pointed out at work,keep in mind it was one of those you can only see at an angle. Well someone on this board recommended Dent Vanish . I gave them a call and set up an appointment with Marty Runik(Master Metal Craftsman). The closest appointment I could get was in a month,today October 2nd,he was booked until then. I get woken up at 9AM this morning from Marty reminded me about our appointment,awesome, time to get that darn dent removed! So Marty shows up,encourages me to watch,removes the dent in 10 minutes,and removes another very small one FREE! What a guy!

Ok for only $85 I received;
-A wake up call
-A pro came to my house,I didn't have to go anywhere
-2 minor dents removed from my car for the price of one

Thank-you to whoever recommended me to him,I will without a doubt call him when I get another dent. His number for anyone in the Sacramento/Elk Grove/Cameron Park/Bay Area is 916-803-8930 .

Old 10-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #2

i ve got lotx too...lol..u think hell come all the way to Toronto?....for 85$...heheheh

glad u got the dents out...how was the before and after...did u notice anything at all after they were pulled?
01boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
bmussatti

Blink, did the guy have to drill an access hole to remove the dent?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01boxster
i ve got lotx too...lol..u think hell come all the way to Toronto?....for 85$...heheheh

glad u got the dents out...how was the before and after...did u notice anything at all after they were pulled?
The before wasn't too bad,it just annoyed me because I have seen the dent and 1 person actually said something about it,"Hey did you see that small dent on your passenger door?". I tried to take pictures of it but it was that hard to see,I couldn't get the right light at the right angle. Marty found it the one I called him for,took out 90% of it and there is not a sign of any work. I wasn't going to be a pain about the VERY SMALL amount that is left,it was a hard dent to see in the first place. The other one dent was even smaller and he removed that one 100%. I'm 99.9% satisfied,I add the other.1 but there is still a VERY SMALL trace of one!

Last edited by blinkwatt; 10-02-2006 at 03:26 PM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Blink, did the guy have to drill an access hole to remove the dent?
Nope,he just asked that I lower the passenger window all the way down. He then slid this panel down the window area,and put a small hook type tool in the door. He then somehow removed the dents that way. The only other tool that he used was this weird suction light that stuck to the door to give him more light.