Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #1

Help me with a suspension question

I am talking about the four front/rear, left and right tuning forks. They connect to the middle of the wishbones. Some might think of them as radius rods. Porsche calls them (front 996 341 043 06 left and right control arms); (rear 986 331 043 06 left and control arms). Can I buy bushings to rebuild these rather than replace them? Thanks for any help.

obthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
Will there be cake?

Garage
these are the track arms, common wear item and they are NOT serviceable.
the rear usually cause a clunk over bumps at low speed, but look and feel perfect when you try to figure out what is wrong. (frustrating)
I have had very good luck with the TRW aftermarkets and they are expensive, but not as bad as stock. I replaced everything in the rear, just made sense and the money wasn't all that bad. I recall about 500 in parts and several hours of labor. Need to align car afterwards.

tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote