Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 05:44 AM   #21

Smile

Assuming this was a one time thing, this post to sell the watch would have been fine.

Yes, it would have been better in the classified threads.

And there was no reason for calling Jim names.

Lets all be civil out there!

Thanks

Old 09-18-2006, 06:55 AM   #22

I have to agree there have been quiet a few people coming into this forum to 'test the waters'.

First of all nearly everything made by Porsche has a suggested retail price. (Which can easily be found on the internet) or calling your local dealer who has a big book full of Porsche parafanalia. If you are selling nearly new or second hand then obviously the selling price would be lower than the suggested retail.
How much less to charge can be figured out by going to Ebay and doing a search to see what people are bidding. Or visiting a wrist watch forum.

And I don't think the seller of this watch is fooling anyone. C'mon. Most of us that bought our cars with moolah from earning a living and weren't born yesterday.
If the seller was truly just gauging the 2nd hand price there wouldn't have been a need to post the pictures of the actual watch in question. A model number or serial number, with brief description would have sufficed if getting replies on 2nd hand value was the only objective.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 09-18-2006, 07:37 AM   #23

Whatever, believe me or not I'll still sleep at night...I will say some people on here are pricks though. Honestly, did I hurt any of you by selling this watch on here? I posted the pictures because there's a limited edition model and this one. Pictures ALWAYS help when assessing a value. I searched google AND ebay, nothing on EBAY and only rennlist came up on google with THE watch that I had. So maybe you guys shouldn't assume so much before you start typing on that keyboard. If I was meaning to sell it I would've put it in the classifieds, but I was planning on putting it on ebay after finding a general price.

IF YOU ALL CLEARLY SAW, I DID NOT INITIATE THE SALE, A MEMBER POSTED HE WANTED TO PURCHASE THE WATCH. Is this MY fault? Jesus some people are so naive.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #24

Perfect lap, all the booklet that came with the watch has in it is 'Boxster Chronograph' Damn that gives a GREAT DESCRIPTION of the item I was trying to guage a price for. There are subsequent Boxster watches made, and I wouldn't expect a dealer to keep everyone accessories booklet from the past 5 years on hand...so I shouldn't have posted pics to show the watch, just to not offend people? Sorry I thought maybe a crowd who owned 'nice' automobiles would be a little more mature than most message boards...guess I thought wrong. The whole reason of pictures was so people could say "Hey, that's the watch I have! Here's what I paid." If I came on here with intent to sell I think I would've admitted it by now, hell the watch is sold and being shipping the Mike today.

Last edited by UFmatt86; 09-18-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:48 AM   #25

OH and one more thing, just so everyone knows, I'm a moderator on one of the largest automotive forums in Florida, so I know how frustrating it is to have people post FS posts in other forums. Once again, this wasn't a FS post, and if I was intending to sell it on here I would've made a seperate post in the FS forum, but someone got to it before I could do that...I know I know, I should have told him 'NO! It's in General Discussion! You will have to wait until I make a thread in FOR SALE!'

z12358, GREAT joke! Maybe...just maybe, I figured someone would have one on here and know the price since they bought it...nope not uh can't be that can it?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:16 AM   #26

you didn't hurt anyone by selling your watch here. UPon closer inspection it does seem you have a not so common watch there and your indignation seems to suggest you were in fact misunderstood.

What you should keep in mind is that most adults have a problem with being told something that doesn't make sense. It "insults our intelligence" if you will.

Most people will think you are trying to take them for a ride when you say you have a product you intend to sell (at some point) to a forum populated with the target buyers and at the same time say you had no idea it might have turned into a sale.

That escapes logic. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be upset with those who do use their logic when you have failed to unwittingly use your own logic skills. I'm sure you are an honest guy but you should know that some people get very irritated when they hear politicians say things like: "what do you mean by "is"?"
You are probably to young at 19 to know what that means.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 09-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #27

Smile

Guys, let's let it go.

There is no issue here to fight over!

Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #28

But that's the thing, I wasn't thinking 'Target buyers' when I posted it on here. I was thinking 'People who own Boxters and therefore would likely own this watch, moreso than any other group of people.'

Matt

Closed Thread