Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbray View Post
This looks really good. Are you going to manufacture them?
I think someone has altered my lights - The front orange only work as indicators and are not on as running lights - also my fog lights can be switched on independently of the headlights.
Yes I'm going to make these and several other styles. As soon as I get some more supplies I will post in the for sale section.

Solid with strakes. Need to mount LEDs under bumper.

Just plain solid

Cut off bottom and show turn signals

With windows for lights

Whew 😥

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #22
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbray View Post
This looks really good. Are you going to manufacture them?
I think someone has altered my lights - The front orange only work as indicators and are not on as running lights - also my fog lights can be switched on independently of the headlights.
That all sounds normal to me.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #23

You have done an amazing job on these, I love the plain flat ones with chrome headlight surround, fantastic. Headlight design/shape is the one thing I find hard to live with on a 986, thank goodness Porsche didn't upgrade them to the 996 Gen 2 type. IMHO your car looks more like a classic Porsche now, great work ,well done.
Santafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santafe View Post
You have done an amazing job on these, I love the plain flat ones with chrome headlight surround, fantastic. Headlight design/shape is the one thing I find hard to live with on a 986, thank goodness Porsche didn't upgrade them to the 996 Gen 2 type. IMHO your car looks more like a classic Porsche now, great work ,well done.
Thank you!!
Old 09-29-2018, 12:36 PM   #25

fyi, found this ...

https://www.renntech.org/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19792
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
Oh great I still haven't got tgem hooked up. Now I can.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #27
MWS

Quote:
To clarify, this is the "hack" to convert US cars to flashing side markers (turn signals). Bits and pieces of this could be used for your application, but isn't an actual walk-through for hooking up your lighting.

Actually, I suppose that if you followed these instructions, then ran another set of wires from the end of the side marker assembly back to your lights, it would work, but this seems like a little extra work...unless you really wanted the side markers to flash as well.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
To clarify, this is the "hack" to convert US cars to flashing side markers (turn signals). Bits and pieces of this could be used for your application, but isn't an actual walk-through for hooking up your lighting.

Actually, I suppose that if you followed these instructions, then ran another set of wires from the end of the side marker assembly back to your lights, it would work, but this seems like a little extra work...unless you really wanted the side markers to flash as well.
the idea is to get the side markers to flash so that you can cover the front turn signals.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #29
MWS

Quote:
the idea is to get the side markers to flash so that you can cover the front turn signals.
Previously suggested (further down in this thread) was for him to tap into the side markers for the DRL lead, and from the turn signals for the flash. Additionally, I think he was adding lights to the front as the side markers (as turn signals) don't fulfill requirements (or at least here in the US) for "front turn signals"...darn Feds and INDOT (Indiana Dept Of Transportation).

Do appreciate the link you provided though...I've been meaning to convert my side markers (just been lazy) and I think you've inspired me to do so this afternoon. Not sure weather to thank you or curse you for sending me off on a tangent project... . Sigh...

Last edited by MWS; 09-30-2018 at 08:46 PM.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote