Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
KronixSpeed

Cool Corvette Z06

Okay i've never been a fan of Corvette's.

I was driving behind the new Z06 yesterday a black one. OMG. This car is insane. I was driving behind him and this car has to be the best looking corvette ever made. its crazzzzzyyyy.

Check it out live. Not in pictures. Look for the Z06 top of the line model wow.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:21 AM   #2
KronixSpeed

Check this...

http://cars.about.com/od/chevrolet/fr/sp_06Z06.htm
Old 09-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #3

You just noticed!! LOL The new Corvettes are shorter and much better looking. The big question is do you go with a base model or the Z06?? If you want a convertible I think you have to go witth the base. Not sure if the Z06 comes in a convertible.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #4
KronixSpeed

ya no, first z06 that i've seen.

well really the zo6 is more h.p and all body panels. but the body panels are what im talking about. the car looks insane.

i was on the website and it looks like all of them are convertibles. hard top convertibles. i could be wrong.

i really liked the way the car looked with the roof up, its a small curvy roof...looks very cool....

now i ask who the hell is gonna buy a cayman when you can buy a corvette that looks like that.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #5

I have driven the case C6 and the ZO6. Both are very very fast and look great IMHO.

Can't go wrong either way.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #6

The appearance of the ZO6 is a big step up from the the base of course with the ZO6 having the larger rubber and associated flared wheel wells. I drove a base C6 with he Z51 package when I was car shopping. The difference between that and the boxster S where huge. The raw power of the corvette was staggering vs. the rev happy boxster. The big turn offs for me where the less then intimate cockpit feel plus the corvette was so wide it really felt like you were driving something BIG. The boxster has that go kart / nimble feel. Now if only if I could squeeze that 400 HP into a boxster...

I agree with all that the C6 is a big improvement over the C5.
bgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #7

I drove a last generation Z06 a few years ago and it was scary fast. My wife was not ever going to ride in the car if I bought it. I loved it but knew that I didnt want to drive it on a daily basis... thus ended up with another M Roadster. I never cared for the last generation vette except for the Z06.

New vette... totally different story. I have driven a few new ones and they are 100% better in every way than the C5. The build quality, the interior, the shifter, brakes, steering , power... just better. I have yet to drive a new Z06 but believe it is probably just too much power for the street. The 06 Vette was plenty fast enough.

I would have to say that I would consider driving one myself.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #8

Hi,

I've said it before, the new 'Vette is World Class! Every time this thread comes up, the Faithful or True Believers pipe in with "The Cigarette Lighter is 0.01mm too far to the left for my taste..." or "The colors they offer are just terrible...". That denegrating the 'Vette somehow bolsters their Boxster or their manhood.

They just don't/won't accept that there is room at the top for several cars. They live in denial and I'm not talking about a River in Egypt...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #9

"They live in denial and I'm not talking about a River in Egypt..."

Good one!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #10

And every time you say that you sound really ignorant and closed-minded. I don't seen anyone denigrating the Corvette here, as usual. It's a fantastic car and not one that can be compared to a Boxster.

Disregarding all that I don't like about them, I think they look awesome and the raw power is insane. It's really funny that I can just stomp the pedal in fourth and without any kind of alarm, the car hits 90 MPH. Low revs just lumping along. :dance:

Not sure about the fender flares on the Z06 though, they look odd from the top-down pictures I've seen. Haven't seen one in person though so Kronix is probably right.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
"They live in denial and I'm not talking about a River in Egypt..."

Good one!
more like old one.....

MN, I don't think anyone denies the vette what it is.....have one sitting in the garage....but the box and the vette are two different experiences...and I enjoy both of them....I bought a porsche knowing it didn't have 400 hp, but it cruises and zips around like nothing else....

btw kronix....last of my knowledge, ZO6 is strictly hard top, not vert, no targa....I don't believe that has changed since the C5
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
more like old one.....

MN, I don't think anyone denies the vette what it is.....have one sitting in the garage....but the box and the vette are two different experiences...and I enjoy both of them....I bought a porsche knowing it didn't have 400 hp, but it cruises and zips around like nothing else....

btw kronix....last of my knowledge, ZO6 is strictly hard top, not vert, no targa....I don't believe that has changed since the C5
Hi,

I don't think we disagree here. But, if you peruse the archives, you'll see the 'Vette has taken quite a beating from some here.

I've owned 3 of them, all older (now classics), and didn't care for any of them, held them no longer than 6 mos. each.

It did take Chevy 50 years to get it right, but give them their props, they did get it right. I'd get one in a Heartbeat (no pun intended), but I just have no more room for another car, I'd have to let one go and it'd most likely be the Boxster (my only drop top), so unless they pry the roof off the Z06, the Boxster is safe...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #13

I drove a C6 to Bowling Green 5 hrs each way for a trade show( I work for a major mail order corvette parts supplier) and it was fun to drive but I never thought "geez I should trade in my S for this."
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster

I'd get one in a Heartbeat (no pun intended), but I just have no more room for another car, I'd have to let one go and it'd most likely be the Boxster (my only drop top), so unless they pry the roof off the Z06, the Boxster is safe...
Jim, we might have been over this before, but out of curiousity, what else do you have?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
I don't think we disagree here. But, if you peruse the archives, you'll see the 'Vette has taken quite a beating from some here.
So what, are you just trying to pre-empt any further negativity by offering negativity of your own? Sour grapes?

If you're willing to give Chevy an allowance of 50 years to "get it right", why are you so gripey-gripey about what's going on with Porsche these days? A lot can happen if you're viewing history in half-century chunks.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #16

By the way, Jim, since the roof on the Z06 is just the targa top from the standard C6. It's just bolted in. If you really wanted to, you could just have the car modded a bit and BAM--targa top Z06. I see no reason why you couldn't jump out of your Boxster if you are dissatisfied.