Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #21
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999_986 View Post
Don't forget to drill holes under the driver's seat (near the immob.) so the water can drain out next time. I found drilling 2 - one on each side in the lowest part seems the most logical. Surprisingly thin metal between your butt and the road.
Yeah...then never drive in the rain again so that no water splashes through causing immobilizer damage, rust or mold.

I would never drill holes through the bodywork. Keep your drains clear and if you're still worried, get a waterproof case or container. There's no reason to go redneck hacking your car. Just fix it right and keep up with maintenance.

particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Yeah...then never drive in the rain again so that no water splashes through causing immobilizer damage, rust or mold.

I would never drill holes through the bodywork. Keep your drains clear and if you're still worried, get a waterproof case or container. There's no reason to go redneck hacking your car. Just fix it right and keep up with maintenance.
The next thing Particlewave is going to tell us is to never fix our cars with Ducktape or drive around with all mismatched tires, or use an umbrella as a soft-top. You need to watch more ROADKILL PW
1999_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post

Yeah, no doubt! I’d zip tie mine in a plastic garbage bag before I would drill holes underneath it!
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #24

Just went through this whole dead battery ordeal with my 1998 Boxster

So glad battery went flat in my garage! Can’t imagine this happening in an airport parking lot.

I used my YouTube mechanics certificate to understand the problem and decided on the jumper wire attached to the C3 fuse in the fusebox method
Don’t own a jump box so it required power via jumper cables and my suv

The only step not covered in the videos is once power is connected, Boxster lights we’re flashing away but frunk latch would not unlock until i used the key in the door to lock, then unlock the door....only then did the latch unlock

Pretty simple cure for such a big problem, cleaning up all the gear took more time than the fix
Why oh why did Porsche design such a task?
Hope this helps. I now keep a jumper wire inside the console cause you can’t get to it in either trunk if it happens again. Unreal
petronas44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #25

Garage
You would be well advised to now go in behind right head light, retrieve emergency hood release cable and run it through the tow hook hole