Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Back to the box...

Good morning everyone,

So it has been quite sometime since I was really engaged with my Boxster. I took a five year hiatus from it to play with a new Corvette (last of the C6's). It was an odd feeling parking her and covering her up. I had expected to spend some time driving her and yet somehow the years rolled by. As with all things cars come and they go and I decided that after five years the vette had to go.

I went to the garage and uncovered the Box and while I had started her and kept her on a charger over the time I had not driven her anywhere. After going through oil, filter and other bits and pieces I rolled her out and was thinking I was just going to go for a quick jaunt and come right back. I pulled her top down and set off. Several hours later and I rolled back home and realized how much I had missed this little car.

Sure it lacks the power of some cars, modern conveniences and electronics and gadgetry but she reminded me of what is best about the Boxsters...you drive these cars.

Hope everyone's summer is going as expected. Till then, it's back to the Box for fun and some rolling adventures.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
MWS

Nice story, thanks for sharing (I'll admit I was waiting for the "uh-oh" after 5 years of storage). It seems like most posts are "something's broke" or "catastrophic failure" and it's a welcome change for a nice uplifting tale such as yours.

Best wishes, and happy driving!
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #3

Nice story, I almost purchased a 2008 C6 6 speed. Coukdnt make a deal then I saw my Boxster which really fit my requirements better. Love both cars they are different. Hinestly the vette comfort wise fit me better, but I really wanted a fair priced weekend toy and always want3 a Porsche.