Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #1

Replaced Battery

I have a 2002 Porsche Boxster and I just replaced the battery.

Couple of questions:

1. Now, the stereo is asking for the 4 digit code. Since I bought the car used and the previous owner never gave me this info, how can I obtain the 4 digit code for the stereo?

2. The car needs to do a California Smog Check soon, do I need to do a drive cycle before the smog check? If so, where I can find the details of the drive cycle?

Thanks

doridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #2

Welcome.
For number 1, search on ‘lost radio code’ on this forum or Rennlist. There’s a guy that can get your code if you provide the serial number of your radio. I know the serial number is on the back of the radio but I think there is also a way to get the radio to display your S/N, I just can’t remember as I no longer have the factory radio.
Can’t answer Number 2 as we don’t smog check in FL.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
He is on this Forum, His name is Heiko

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/45577-becker-cdr-220-radio-code-31.html#post574419

Last edited by Lew; 07-05-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doridori View Post

Couple of questions:

1. Now, the stereo is asking for the 4 digit code. Since I bought the car used and the previous owner never gave me this info, how can I obtain the 4 digit code for the stereo?

2. The car needs to do a California Smog Check soon, do I need to do a drive cycle before the smog check? If so, where I can find the details of the drive cycle?

Thanks
I recently disconnected my battery prior to my Cali reg renewal. After re connect I checked the readiness monitors with a code reader and my durametric, everything remained ready. You can have Autozone or Oreillys check their status or for ~$50.00 buy a code reader they are nice to have.

This works fine. https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-and-specialty-tools/code-reader/innova-obd2-tool-with-emission-readiness-monitors/273349_0_0

Last edited by 911monty; 07-05-2018 at 06:21 PM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:59 AM   #5

Check you white options sticker under your frunk lid. Some prior owners write the 4 digit radio code there. You can also get the code from Loren (owner) at Renntech.org.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doridori View Post

Couple of questions:

Thanks
Follow instructions in this thread, and they can get you a code.
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/45577-becker-cdr-220-radio-code.html